About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Help and a NEW BOOK

Hey Girlies! I just finished this AMAZING book! Have any of you read it? The characters are so well written and the story will make you laugh (a lot) and cry, too. It will make you feel- and think. I do not do well with change, but it will make you question what *could* make you go against everything you have ever known. If you have read it, what do you think Mae Mobley will be like when she grows up? What will happen to Minny and her children? Will she keep working for the same lady? Will Skeeter be happy in New York? Abilene- my favorite- what will become of her? I want to discuss.... Such a wonderful book club selection!


Ooooooh, I have missed you all! We just got back from Disney World (and you know I have a ton of pics to share) but life is getting in the way of my blogging!

Be patient with me, dear friends, I will be back soon! Oh, and did you hear that Stephanie Meyer has a NEW BOOK?:)

15 comments:

Tristan said...

sounds like an interesting book!

she does?!?!?!

and..post soon about your trip..or i may burst!

Robin Beck said...

I haven't read The Help but will because you have exquisite taste!

I'm so glad your back and can't wait to see photos of your trip.

I did see that Stephanie Meyer has a new book out but was shocked it is about Bree the vampire girl that gets killed in Eclipse- I love her writing so I will read it but must say-It's sad to know how Bree's story ends. Kimberly and I were talking about it today-We both don't feel Stephanie is up to date with who her audience is (women) and women want more of Edward or Jacob but not a girl vampire-Who knows maybe Stephanie will blow us away once again with her writing-We also wish she would finish the novel she started: Midnight Sun.
Still I'm looking forward to reading anything she writes.
Missed you!
Love,
Me

Sherri said...

Welcome back Lori! I missed you! I have read The Help with my book club and Kathryn Stockett was a guest author at our book club! I loved the book and I too laughed and cried. It does make you think about how you look at things and make you wonder how you would react if you were Skeeter or any of the other characters. I hope Mae Mobley grows up being a very diversified child. I think Skeeter will struggle for a while in NY until she gets her bearings and then I think she will take off and fly! I don't see her returning to the South for some reason. Abilene was a great character-she was my all time favorite! Well that's all my thoughts for now, but if someone hasn't read it yet they definitely should!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Glad your back! I bet you guys had the best time at Disney! That sounds like a very interesting book.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I will look for that book. It sounds very intriguing. I didn't know about The New Stephanie Meyer book until Robin told me about it earlier. I'll wait to see what you both make of it before I consider getting it!
I am desprate to hear more about WDW. In answer to your question YES I think we should both move into The Beach Club. We would have to work there to pay for it though! Where would you work if you had to work at WDW? They would probably put me in The Yorkshire Fish and Chip Shop at UK in Epcot! Jessica wants to be Hermione at the new Harry Potter world at Univeral!
Hope you are catching up with your laundry etc :C
Lindsay
x

Yarni Gras! said...

I haven't read the help but a book club where I work did and loved it.


I'll be looking out for the new one by her....I went to the link and it sounds interesting. Have you read The Host by Meyers? It is GREAT!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I saw this at Target, and picked it up, and then didn'g buy it...I guess I will head back-I LOVE a good book!!!
Thanks for the recomendation-

Lori said...

Well I need a good book and I'll take your recommendation and seek out to find it and start reading it. I have been worried about you and wondering what mischief you were in. Can't wait to see your pictures from the "Most Wonderful Place on Earth".

Cherrie said...

I will have to check this one out! Thanks

theUngourmet said...

Disney World...How fun!! I'll have to look for that book. I love the cover! :)

Fran. said...

Welcome back Lori!!! I missed you alot!! Glad you were having fun!! Can't wait to see your pictures! and your right life does get in the way of blogging! But both are important in their own ways! Family and friends, gifts from God!!! Take care, XO Fran.

michelle edwards joy said...

I will look for this book. I could use a good novel, I have been lost in non fiction for too long.

Unknown said...

Hi Lori
Wasn't Epcot wonderful? I love the picture of your girls with the Step sister...lol
I am so tempted to buy this book. It will be on hold at the library forever!
xo
Chrissie

April said...

I'm not familiar with that book, but thanks for the recommendation! Hope you had a blast at Disney! We're heading to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure tomorrow...can't wait!

Elise said...

Glad y'all are back home safely!!
Elise