About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving in Tennessee




This year we spent Thanksgiving in Franklin, Tennessee with Grandma, Ba and Auntie Amy. We had a great time being silly together while we shopped, ate, geo-cached, swam, took pictures and celebrated Mandy and Katie's birthdays! Whenever we get together I end up laughing so hard that my sides ache!:-) We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving dinner at Mere Bulles. Grandma and Ba drove through the night and finally got to sleep around 7:30 am. They are amazing! I'm surprised they could keep a conversation going. Aunt Amy told us about the gas station where they stopped with the hanging doll and animal heads. Road travel is definitely an adventure. I could almost hear the scary music playing in the background...

We got to meet Amy's new boyfriend on the trip because he was spending time with his parents in Nashville. His name is Michael and he seems like a very nice guy. He seems to really care about Amy and that really impressed me. Only the best for my sister!

We celebrated the girls' birthdays at Lillie Belle's Tea House- our favorite! If you ever are in Franklin you MUST stop there! It is the sweetest old house with lots of history and charm. They serve tea and wonderful food with genuine hospitality. We stayed for quite a long time and did not want to leave. Mandy had blueberry tea that smelled heavenly and we also enjoyed Earl Grey and Darjeeling. It was raining and cold but it only added to the charm.

Where will our next adventure be!:-)

No comments: