About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Decorated Blackboard

     I have gotten so many wonderful ideas from my creative blogging friends, so I thought I would share one of my ideas with you!  Perhaps you have seen something like this before, but maybe not...
    I bought a blackboard at Hobby Lobby and decided to embellish it with flowers, ivy and glass baubles!  All you need it your handy dandy glue gun, a ton of flowers and greenery and some of those round glass things with the flat sides.  You know, people sometimes put them in fish bowls?:-)  Everything can be purchased at Wal Mart and it works as a blackboard/wall art.:-)


6 comments:

Sherry said...

I love the chalkboard. It is so cute! My kids love their chalkboard. Ours isn't a pretty one though it is one that Earl brought home from the School Bus Garage where he works. Maybe I should pretty it up one of these days!

:-)
Sherry

Michelle said...

Oh, that is really, really cute! Now I am thinking on a boy version...

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I did that with my daughter's mirror years ago, and it's been one of those items that people always comment on! It was an ugly mirror that had been in someone's attic, and I bought a string of plastic flowers. It cost about a dollar to make!

mel said...

That's so cute! Yes, a boy's one too...maybe with those little rubber bugs and lizards...

Robin Beck said...

Super duper cute! Just perfect!
I bet Katie is really one happy camper! ~♥

Heather said...

Oh how I wish we had a Hobby Lobby here! That is such a great idea that I think I might have to "borrow"! She must just love it.