About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Homeschooling with Young Living essential oils

Teachers, as well as moms, need a secret weapon when it comes to school work.
I'd like to tell you about mine.

It comes in tiny little bottles and smells...
amazing.


I never could understand why the Wise Men brought oils to baby Jesus.
I mean, what kind of a gift was that?

And then I started hearing the name Young Living.  Again. and again.
and again.

So, I decided to give them a try.


I was so excited when my package arrived.  We handled the bottles like they were precious treasures.
And you know what?  In a way, they are.  Treasures, I mean.

You see, the above oils are my secret weapon.  Want to know why?
They keep us on task.  They keep my girls engaged.  They help us to focus and learn.  Common Sense, Brain Power, Valor, Vetiver, Peace and Calming, Frankincense and Clarity are like Wonder Woman's bullet bouncing bracelets.  

Excellent to have in your possession and get the job done.;)  


The 5 oils above are my favorites for school work.

Common Sense & Brain Power work as a brain boost.  A quick neck rub at the top of the spine with a few drops, applying on the bottom of the feet and/or diffusing works wonders.  
Valor is a blend of the oils used on Roman soldiers as they went into battle.  (rosewood/blue tansy/frankincense/ spruce)  A few drops on the bottom of the feet/ back of neck helps with confidence in social situations, increases courage and confidence & releases worry.
-Sacred Frankincense contains sesquiterpenes and when inhaled or absorbed stimulates the limbic system (center of memory and emotion) of the brain.  Helps improve concentration & clarifies thoughts.
Clarity wakes your brain up and helps with mental retention.  It clears the mind and aids with alertness.

"Morning Recipe"

1 drop Brain Power
1 drop Clarity
1 drop Frankincense

Massage together on back of neck and they're ready to start learning!



Ah, the awesome Young Living diffuser.  No icky filters, just a delightfully cool mist that spreads oils through the air.  I want one for every room in my house!  To energize myself and my girls I usually diffuse Lemon or Peppermint oil.  

Lemon helps you retain information and increases attention.  Hurrah!  Sometimes Algebra can just about put me to sleep.  And the smell is so refreshing!  You can even put a few drops in water for an energizing drink.
Peppermint- One of my favorites.  Love the scent! You can inhale it, diffuse it or put a drop under the tongue for a brain boost.  It helps increase concentration, retention & accuracy.  Inhaling while taking tests may even improve recall.  (I'm planning on applying a few drops on my girls' wrists before they take their yearly tests.  They can sneak a sniff whenever they like- just like cologne!;))


These beauties are for me.:)
Well, I do share them, but sometimes Wonder Woman has a rough day.

Tranquil, Peace and Calming and Stress Away are powerful stress relievers.  Sometimes I just have to give myself a time out and find my happy place.  These lovelies are better than Calgon!  Tranquil is a delightful blend of oils containing lavender, Peace and Calming has tangerine/orange/ylang ylang and blue tansy and Stress Away has lime and other calming oils.


Peace and Calming is our oil of choice to diffuse at bedtime.  I love that the diffuser has a light (like a night light!) and shuts off when it's empty.  My girls sleep better and the scent is nice and light.  They take turns hosting it in their rooms.  

Maybe someday I'll get a turn...


Please contact me if you have any questions.  I'm super nice- especially after applying Stress Away.;)  Just ask my kids!  I'd be happy to help you discover ways to simplify and enrich your health.:)  I can assist with ordering oils or helping you become a distributor.  Being a distributor isn't as boring as it sounds.  It's actually kind of fun- and empowering.  This post shows just a sample of what young Living has to offer.  I finally understand why essential oils were brought to baby Jesus.  

They are powerful gifts.

What does it mean to become a distributor?  It doesn't cost anything to become a distributor. You only need to order $50/ YEAR in oils. Not a month. Just in one year.  That's it. No pressure.
As a distributor you get Wholesale Pricing.  You'll  save 24% off retail pricing on Young Living products, and save even more money with exclusive specials and promotions every month.  This is why I became a distributor.  You don't have to host parties, keep inventory, etc.  I "distribute" to my family, basically, and friends that want to know more about the oils.

Signing up is easy!  You can contact me (toosillysisters@cox.net) or follow these simple steps...

1. Go to YoungLiving.com


2. Click on “Member Sign-up” 
3. You'll have the option to become a Young Living Retail Customer OR Young Living Independent Distributer. (Becoming a retail customer allows you to place orders at retail price. Becoming a distributor allows you to place orders and save 24% off retail pricing). Becoming a distributor is FREE, no minimum purchase is necessary, you're not obligated to sell the oils, and you get oils at a discounted price!  Boom. There's also monthly freebies/incentives which are pretty nice...
4. You will need to enter a SPONSOR ID and an ENROLLER ID. You will enter my MEMBER ID FOR BOTH: #1482580
5. When you sign up as a distributor, you'll then order your 1st STARTER KIT (that is under STEP 1). I recommend the premium starter kit, because you get 11 oils and the awesome diffuser for a great price. STEP 2 will ask you to order an ESSENTIAL REWARDS KIT, but you can click the button on bottom to order that kit later.
Pictured below is what you get in the premium starter kit. There are 11- yes, 11! oils:
Frankincense
Peace and Calming
Lavender
Valor
Peppermint
Lemon
Joy
Thieves
Panaway
Purification
Stress Away
plus the cool mist home diffuser, samples, and informative literature.   Note: Frankincense, Lemon, Peppermint, Valor, Stress Away & Peace and Calming are all oils I use in my homeschooling day (shown above) AND they're included in the Premium Starter Kit!  (A $274 value for only $150.00.)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I've heard so much about those oils, and I would like to try them!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori, we have a similar diffuser at work and I love it. My favourite oil for it is lemon too ;) A few drops of lemon and eucalyptus go nicely together. I keep thinking of getting one for home some time. I love how the oils you mentioned help in certain ways, I didn't know that. Hope you get a turn with the diffuser soon. Lindsay x

Mary Ann Potter said...

I'm a firm believer in essential oils! This collection looks wonderful!

Rho said...

Hey Lori!

My mom and 3 older sisters actually use essential oils for their skin so that way they don't really break out or anything that is disturbing some part of their body. A couple women from my congregation as well use it too! My sisters also do clay mask!

-Rhoda

Shroo said...

Aaaah... yep - I'd be at a loss without my frankincense and geranium oils. I pop a drop of each on the radiator and the whole house smells fabulous- and I'm convinced it settles my brain and stops my head exploding some days !! :) Sending hugs - Shroo:)x

Melissa said...

Young Living has the best essential oils! This one is amazing but when looking for an essential oil company, Other brands are watered down and all YL oils are very pure and made with the best quality.