About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, March 14, 2014

Guilty

Guilty Pleasures.
We all have them!

I'm not a huge shopper but I can't get enough of TJ Maxx and Home Goods.
I mean, LOOK at this gorgeous chair!


and how about this lovely piece.
I couldn't justify the cost.  Of course, I came back later and it was gone.:(

BUT, there IS a happy ending.
 I returned a week later and it was back!
And they had LOWERED THE PRICE.

It's now happily sitting in my dining room.


Candy Covered Caramel Apples.
Mini Reese's Pieces are my favorite.
Hey, you're eating an apple so it's not a terribly guilty pleasure.

Right?


Splenda.
I know!
But it sweetens my iced tea so perfectly!
Paired with lemon it's such a refreshing delight...

Splenda, I just can't quit you.


Mystery Party games.
I keep adding to my collection!
It's a true guilty pleasure.


Magazines.
 My favorites are Country Living and HGTV.
I adored Country Home and Cottage Living, but sadly they no longer exist.
I'm so glad I kept some of them...



Boy Bands.
Yes, I love them!
One Direction, Backstreet Boys, N Sync, etc.
They make me feel young, I guess.


The Backstreet Boys (now Backstreet MEN!), are touring this summer!
Anyone want to join me?

Backstreet's back, alright!
:)

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Love that chair - and you are too cute! Have a wonderful weekend. xo

Deborah Montgomery said...

LOVE that picture of your daughter sitting on your new chair!! I have never played a mystery game, will have to try it (does the old Clue game count? haha) Everybody has "guilty" pleasures -- I'm not sure we should feel guilty about them, just keep them in moderation -- like my love of jelly beans! have a great weekend!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sheri- Thanks, sweetie! Hope your weekend is wonderful, too! We're expecting one last snow which means one more night by the fire- heavenly!:) Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

Deborah- I'm not sure they make How to Host a Mystery party games anymore, so if you find one you should bring it home! You invite a few friends, dress up as a character, create a lovely meal/fun refreshments and solve a mystery. They are lots and lots of fun- I've had friends fly across the country to attend mine.:) Lori

Unknown said...

That chair is gorgeous. I love TJ Maxx (Well, TKMaxx is what we call it in the UK) :) x

Tristan said...

love your new seat..so cute!!!

I have only been to TJ Maxx once..and it was neat!!

Love this post! Now I want an apple covered in goodies..lol!

Rho said...

Hey Lori!

Those aren't guys the Back Street Boys!!! That's One Direction which almost all the girls love ever since they first came out except for me because I never really thought they were cool.

Love the chair by the way!

-Rhoda

mysteryhistorymom said...

Dear Rhoda- You're right- that is One Direction! We went to see their movie and it was really good! Katie is going to see them in concert in September and I'm really jealous. I may be their oldest fan- lol! I'd still like to see The Backstreet Boys as I think the tickets would be a lot easier to get.;) Lori