About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The League and the Lantern by Brian Wells- Preteen/Teen Summer Sensation GIVEAWAY!


My Thoughts:

The League and the Lantern is a must summer read for your preteen, teen or yourself (I loved the adventure and I'm 47!) Jake Herndon and his classmates (Lucy and TJ) reminded me a bit of Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron as they're thrown together into a dangerous quest at the beginning of this engagingly exciting (and cleverly humorous) book. History, trivia and moral values all play an important part in this non-stop thrilling ride where villains are lurking at every turn and you never know exactly who you can trust. When Jake, Lucy and TJ aren't on the run they keep their readers in stitches with hilarious Avengers, Princess Bride, and quest for food (no health food, thank you) banter. Explosions, hand sanitizer emergencies, round house kicks, and Secret Service agents will engage readers of all ages. My 13 year old daughter can't wait to read it and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!

*Would you like to read The League and the Lantern? FlyBy Promotions is giving away a copy to one of my readers! Enter by leaving a comment on this post!*

Author: Brian Wells
                A concerned dad who couldn’t find quality entertainment for his kids. He has worked and produced 15 TV movies for the major networks, and this is his book debut. 

Synopsis:
The League and the Lantern is the first book in a new adventure series for middle-school readers. It all starts when a dangerous organization invades Jake Herndon’s seventh-grade sleepover. He escapes along with two new classmates, Lucy and TJ, only to face a 48-hour fight for survival on the streets of Chicago. The kids unravel a mystery dating back to the Civil War, and an incredible secret about Jake’s family. Along the way they learn unexpected lessons about courage, family and friendship.
"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”



No comments: