About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ahhh....

The best husband (and Daddy- as pictured below) in the world just took us to the beach!


See the ocean? You could hear the waves crashing as you lounged by the pool. Ahhhh....






We went down to Fort Morgan, AL and it was as lovely as always. No oil.:) There were a couple of lost jellyfish on the sand but we just tiptoed around them...
One of the perks of home schooling is being able to vacation anytime! The weather was perfect, the price was right (high season starts in a week or so) and we had the place almost all to ourselves!
We went to Lulu's for dinner almost every night. Love. That. Place. We blow bubbles at the table, listen to the live music, the kids play in the sand and we watch the boats go by. You really feel like you are on vacation- no worries. Oh, and the cheeseburgers (pepper jack cheese on mine, please) and hush puppies are unreal!





We stayed in Alabama Sunrise this year. Right by the beach:)


It's vacation, after all...


Elizabeth was able to wear her new bathing suit!


Bendaroos are a mother's dream. No glue, no mess and my girls both had a blast with them! We got ours at Target...

The beach house was such fun! The sun was shining inside even on the day that it rained.:)


These Nail Art Pens (Wal Mart) are a must have for summer! They come in a variety of colors. You can write letters or draw flowers on your nails! I put polka dots on mine.:)


Still tons to do to "recover" from vacation. Does everyone feel that way? Oh, and I stopped by the Blue Girl Bead shop on our way out of town. They have the most gorgeous baubles there! I cannot wait to start filling up my shop!:)

Oh, I almost forgot, I read a book called Barefoot while I was at the beach and really enjoyed it. It was not the caliber of The Help, but it was a great beach read. It's a second hand copy but would anyone like me to send it to them?

8 comments:

michelle edwards joy said...

Looks like fun. Was that Grandparents I see? So glad you got to get away! See ya soon my friend.

Tristan said...

wow.

sooooo fun!!!

i want a nail pen..lol!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Oh goodness your pictures are amazing. I enjoyed seeing where you stayed and the lovely pool and beach there. I loved seeing the gorgeous pictures of YOU looking so glamorous. You look so well and happy. Glad you were able to spend fun times with your parents. I am sure you made many wonderful memories together.
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

Oh, sounds like such a lovely time! And the bendaroos can go on the window...um, yay...we just play with ours in the studio, but I'm totally putting them in the car, thank you! Love the nail art too.

Jamie :)

Kim's Treasures said...

Looks like a great time!

I think we have the same hair...are we long lost sisters???

I am soooo going to Walmart for those nail art pens! Way cool!

Lori said...

Oh I want to go there for sure!!! It looks like so much fun. You look so great . . . so dang pretty.

Sherri said...

Lori, what a wonderful trip you had to the Beach!!!! I really loved the picture you took of yourself in the mirror-you are gorgeous! I love your hair!!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Sounds like so much fun! The one thing I miss about homeschooling is being able to pick and go whenever!
I'm going to have to find some of those nail art pens! Anna and I will have a blast.