About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Facing a Giant

We had originally planned to be here this week.
(The Broadmoor Hotel, Colorado)

But there was a change in plans.


I need to take care of business. (Click on highlighted words for the whole story.)


I'm feeling a bit like David going up against Goliath.
It's time to face the giant.

Years ago, a friend of mine told me to not let the devil hold me in fear.
So I'm not.
After all, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.:) (Just reading that makes me feel so empowered!)
How blessed we are to be able to call upon the Lord at anytime and any place.
Amen!

Today I'm talking with the surgeon.  (I'll keep you posted on the actual date of surgery.)
If you would, please pray that the surgery would be a success (no facial paralysis) and that the tumor would be *benign* I would be so thankful, dear friends.

*If you are facing a giant in your life I would love to pray for you, too.  Write to me- toosillysisters@cox.net.* 

13 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Praying for you Lori.
Lindsay
x

Unknown said...

Will be praying dear friend. Big hugs!

Tristan said...

praying!!!! love you!!!

April said...

I'm so sorry that I've been out of the loop all summer long, Lori, so I had no idea you were facing surgery. You know I will be lifting you and your family up in my prayers.

Sherri said...

Lori, I am lifting up prayers to you!! Major Hugs also coming your way!!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thank you so much, Lindsay. Your sweet words and texts today meant the world to me! I was able to smile as I entered the Cancer Institute because of you.:) Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

Karen- Thank you so very much! God hears every prayer and I felt such a wonderful calm as I met with the surgeon today. Normally I would have been shaking and on the verge of tears, but God strengthened me. I felt quite in control but I know who to give the glory to. It was not my might but His!:) Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

Tristan- Thank you so much, Sweetie! I love you, too, and am so glad that the Lord has brought us together. I'll be praying for your precious Mom, that she will get answers and will feel better very soon. Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

April- Thank you so much! If you click on the words "take care of business" on my post you will be able to read how this all started. I do believe you left me words of encouragement back then, too. We've been friends for quite awhile now! Thanks for being there for me once again.:) Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

Sherri- Thank you so very much, dear friend! I felt the prayers and the hugs today as I talked with the surgeon.:) Big hugs back to you, too! Lori

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Praying for you friend! With lots of love....

mysteryhistorymom said...

Amy- Thank you so much, dear friend. You've been through this adventure with my from the beginning. I still have the precious gift you sent me and it always makes me feel loved.:) Lori

val said...

you know I will...need the date or did I miss it? I'll re read the post to be sure!