About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Monday, June 1, 2009

Don't get "Skimmed"

   I love Red Box.  I truly do.  We no longer use them, though.  Two of our credit card numbers have been stolen in the last 2 months and we think that they have been "skimmed" by a scanner on the Red Box machines.  Sadly, we are not the first ones...  Have you heard of this??  Awful people place these devices on Red Boxes (among other machines) and get your credit card numbers this way!  We are not positive if it was done by way of a Red Box, but we are pretty darn certain.  We are very vigilant about our credit card use.  Just be aware of this when you get your movies next time...

18 comments:

Darlene said...

That is REALLY scary!

theUngourmet said...

That stinks! I haven't used a red box. Is it like the movie boxes outside McDonald's?

I love your new header photo! So Cute!

April said...

Oh, that's awful AND scary, Lori! We use Red Box fairly often. Maybe we need to think, again!

Rachel Berry said...

Did you use outside machines? We have 2 in out little town and both are inside stores one being wal-mart the other albertsons.. We have not had any problems yet. Sorry to hear about your cards. That is just terrible!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Ladies- The Red Box we used is located inside a Wal Mart. We only used it about 5 times before we started getting random charges on our credit cards. A nightmare!:( Lori

Jill said...

That's awful!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Happy Monday! :)
Blessings!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WoW, I have never tried Red Box but was going too... I think not now, I will just stick with Netflix...

Tristan said...

totally not using them ever again!

Robin Beck said...

Wow...Wow..Wow!
Not worth the movie that is for sure...Glad you let us know!
Darn too... We use Redbox all the time. Even the cash machines in our town have had skimmers put on them at times... Can you believe that? Crazy!
I go inside to do all my banking now.
Robin~♥
P.S. Go to my blog I put the New Moon trailer on it! I'm thinking about having a huge New Moon party! (pumpkins included-being it's fall)

Georgia Girl said...

Never used them just usually go to the movie store or order them online...

Love the header you have of the girls!

Mother Hood said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! We had something similar happen. We suspect a waiter stole info from one of our cards.

By the way, LOVE your banner pic. The girls are always adorable, of course! The colorful bottles and setting is perfect!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Ladies- Thank you so much for all your sweet comments on my banner. It was such a fun moment and I was really hoping to capture it on film.:) Lori

Angie said...

Wow! Thanks for the warning. We thought about using them once but decided against it because it would be a hassle to drive the movie back into town the next day from the boonies. So glad we didn't use them now just in case...! SO glad you are on the mend...it sounds like you had a rough patch.

Hugs ~ Angie

Polka Dot Moon said...

Look at those sweet girls!!! Great photo!

I've heard that these devices are all over! Very scary to swipe your cc or debit card! Isn't it so sad that we have to be so wary of everything these days............

Lindsay-ann said...

Sorry to hear about your credit card troubles. We do not have Red Box but if we use ATM's we are told to look for any suspicious devices.
Lindsay
x

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

That is awful! Thanks for the heads-up!

Elise said...

That's awful, Lori. We go to Redbox weekly, so this would really stink. Also, I use my debit card{we don't own or use credit cards}, so that would really put us in a pickle...
Elise

Michelle said...

Yikes! Guess that is it for me too. Darn! Thanks for the info though.