About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

be anxious for nothing

Faith.
How simple it is to tell others to have it, keep it, or believe it exists.
Until you yourself are in the midst of anxiety, trials and fear.


Last Sunday I was sitting in church and hopelessness enveloped me.  
I had the overwhelming need to run out of the sanctuary and bawl my eyes out.

The service hadn't even started but, sadly, despair can strike anywhere.


I said a quick heartfelt and desperate prayer as the music started and pulled myself together.  Or rather, God did it for me.

Oh yes, He did.


Then, as I listened to the minister, God spoke to ME.
Yes, He did.

His message was: Be anxious for nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
at. all.


I've read these words before but today they sunk in. My heart soared!
They were an answer to my prayer- plain and simple.
My burden was lifted and I could smile again.

Please, dear friends, take this to heart.
Whatever fear, anxiety, worries you have leave them at the Lord's feet and then just let them go.

Philippians 4:6- Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

2 comments:

Robin Beck said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one to have an experience like that in church! I've felt that way before and remember it well. I had no idea you were going through anything, I'm so sorry I haven't been a very good friend. I've been praying for you at times but will pray more!
Love you!

Tristan said...

amen sister!!

our message sunday was "dont let anyone or anything steal your joy!