I used The God Puzzle as part of my 10 year old daughter's home school curriculum. There are 36 lessons and each one is broken into manageable parts:
-Get the Facts
-Talk About It
-Talk to God About It
The lessons also include fill in the blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching, etc. to add a bit of fun! My daughter, 10, did most of the work independently and then we discussed the "Talk About It" section together with her big sister (age 15). As a mom, I appreciated the ease of the lessons as well as how they engaged my child. At one point, my daughter asked if we could do The God Puzzle activities every day!
About the book: The God Puzzle is a colorful, easy to use tool to help you communicate to your child the rich truths about God, His ways, His will and His love. The God Puzzle will help you address doctrinal themes of the Christian faith in a kid friendly way, present Bible lessons in an interactive way will hold the child's attention and deliver quality teaching with no preparation needed. 75% of children leave the church when they leave home. Something isn't working. Sunday School isn't doing it all. Kids need answers, good ones. And they need them from you, the parent. This book enables you to give them simple, clear answers.
What makes The God Puzzle unique?
- ready made discussion questions for parent to ask their child in each lesson
- can be done at any pace that works with your
family . . . every night, once a week, 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there . . . it fits into realistic family life
- puts the pieces together for a child to understand God, the Bible, and the Christian faith
- in each lesson the responds to the truth so they understand their relationship to God is personal and life transforming
- any parent, whether they know nothing, or a lot about God can start teaching their child today with no prep
- deep theology put into language a child can understand
- deeply Biblical, each lesson points to Christ
- put in an order that starts with creation, and teaches the Bible as one story that all points to Christ
- child stays engaged by filling in blanks, crosswords, drawing, matching and using their Bibles as they learn
Find out more at LeadMeToGod.com.
*Litfuse gave me this book in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received.*