About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Whirlwind Trip

My Mom left today.  It was so hard to say goodbye!  Thank goodness we have the pictures and the memories of our time together.  It felt like she was only here for a day or two...
On Sunday we took a road trip to Eureka Springs.  We were treated to beautiful flowers outside the Crescent Hotel...  And yes, Lindsay, there is supposed to be a ghost that resides there!

   I love the flowers in Eureka Springs!  They were everywhere and the colors were luscious.  The sticks in the planter were spray painted purple to accent the pansies.  I may have to try that!


   Delicate bleeding hearts...

   Cool and soothing.  Away from the shops and noise (there was a biker's event that weekend) the girls could have stayed here all day...

   There were darling cottages all through town.  I wonder what it would be like to live in Eureka Springs?  It's such a quaint little artist's community.  I thought this yellow house was so darling, but it appears that someone else feels the same.:)

   On to the shopping!  Life is Good shops are such fun.  We lucked into a 50% off sale at the kid's Life is Good shop!  


   The bags are full of Life is Good T-shirts, pajamas and mugs!

  You know I had to shop at Wilson and Wilson Folk Art!  Blakely Wilson was there and we were able to visit with her!  Talk about a sweetheart...  I have a lot of pictures in my home and they make me feel so good.:)  Blakely is warm, lovely and welcoming- just like her art.  I thought you might like to take a peek...



   Her shop just makes you... Joyful!  I wish you all could have been there with us!  Charming...

   Here's Blakely Wilson at work.  She told me that coming to work IS a joy for her.  She is blessed and in turn she blesses others.  The sign to the left of her desk states, "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."  



  Katie is modeling the new hat the my Mom bought her.  Pink, of course.:)

   We took another road trip to see the bluebirds of happiness!  (Heather- we are SO going there together someday!)  We packed a picnic lunch and off we went...


   Then, we took a nature hike to see a waterfall.  The water was just TOO tempting!

   Look at this tiny cutie pie!  The red against the green was beautiful.  I got some pitiful pictures of a cardinal, too.  Not blog worthy- lol!

   

   Can you even see the bluebird?  It's on top of the bird house/  It was so pretty!  My pictures are nothing like Robin's, girls, but I did try!:(  (Click on picture for a closer look.)

   We had a lovely dinner at Carrabba's on my Mom's first night here.  (the pictures are in the wrong order)  Have you ever had the Ensalada Johnny Rocco?  Fresh scallops and shrimp, served warm on a salad with roasted red peppers and the most amazing vinaigrette dressing. Is your mouth watering yet?

   The girls and I (and Jeff) treasured each and every minute with my Mom.  She is the most amazing lady, Mom and friend. Thanks so much for coming, Mom!


22 comments:

Mother Hood said...

The pictures of the girls in the garden are beautiful!

theUngourmet said...

I loved your photos! I love the Life is Good stuff. I have a shirt with PB Jelly and a slice of Bread. I just love it!

I love your daughter's hat, she looks darling!

I also love Folk Art! That shop looks adorable, I would go crazy in there!

Glad you had fun!

Tristan said...

Um..one question..WHERE ARE YOU? sheesh girl..I'm demanding a photoshoot of yourself..lol.

Looks like SO much fun :)
Glad you had a blast!!

Your girls are too cute!

Oh, and Of course you could come visit me..lol..did you ever google my town?
you should!
Oh, and I would totally take you to Pizza Hut..lol!

Anonymous said...

well, I loved the picture you took of the bluebird! all of your pictures are great... just missing one thing though, and you KNOW who I'm talking about! so glad you had a great time!
:) Missy

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wonderful pictures...looks like you all had such a great time together.
sandy toe

Yarni Gras! said...

what a lovely post...it brought tears to my eyes...you have such a beautiful bond with your mom AND your children! Lovely pictures Lori, thanks so much for sharing!

April said...

I love Eureka Springs...I've seen "The Passion Play" there and it was wonderful! I'm so glad you enjoyed your mom's stay...never quite long enough, is it? All of your pictures are great...you can see that there's a lot of love going around!

Jill said...

Oh I LOVE Eureka Springs!!! I used to go almost every weekend when I lived in Tulsa!!! - I'm so happy you had such a sweet time with your mom...I know good-bye was hard!

Kim's Treasures said...

Beautiful photos! It looks like you had a wonderful time : D
I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your mom!

Love the photo of the rabbit with the buttons. That is so cool!

Have a wonderful day!
Kim

Elise said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time!! Love the pictures of the garden area...so beautiful!! That one shop looks like such fun, too!!
Elise

Together We Save said...

Love your photos. I have enjoyed reading your blog.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I really enjoyed your lovely pictures. I have been thinking about you and your Mom and was so happy to see what a great time you all had. I love the cute yellow house, the amazing folk art shop (you would not have got me out of there)and the beautiful pictures of Katie in the garden and in her gorgeous new hat. The Life is Good Shop looked super - you can never have too many t-shirts and hats! You will have so many happy memories from this time I am sure.
Lindsay

~ Roxanne said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Eureka Spings and mother and daughters just go together!

Love the button rabbit picture :0}

mysteryhistorymom said...

so cute

Darlene said...

When mom's visit it seems like they are NEVER here long enough! I LOVE all your pictures. It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Sherri said...

What wonderful visit you had with your Mom! I heard Eureka Springs is a really cute town to visit. What nice memories you and your girls have of the visit with your Mom.

Beth said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time. My mom is coming tomorrow for about a week. Mom's are great!

Anonymous said...

You all are adorable!! Glad you had a great time with Mom. (But I think Dad's been a bit poopy by himself.) Love the photos here!

Artfulife said...

Lori! What great adventures you all had. So glad you were able to make those precious memories with your mom.

Ok, So why have I never seen this adorable button art of hers before? Me thinks I have been inspired!

Thanks for sharing all of your lovely memories with us!

Michele said...

Wonderful pictures Lori! Looks like you had a wonderful time with your mom.

Hugz,
Michele

Polka Dot Moon said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful visit! You certainly have some wonderful towns in your neck of the woods! The parks, gardens, shops.....I want to visit :)

Where does your mom live?

Have a fabulous Thursday!!
Denise

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you all had a wonderful visit!! And the pictures are soo wonderful! I loved looking at them and getting to see all the fun you all had!