About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm It!

   Sandy tagged me!  I need to share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself.  Hmmmm...

1) I grind my teeth at night.  I have done this my whole life.  I even have a lovely little mouth guard that I wear.  It's glamorous.  
2) I love ice.  When I was in England they did not serve ice in their drinks.  We had to stay in the London Marriott because they had an ice machine.:)  My husband thinks I am "high maintenance" and I guess I am.:)
3) I am certified to scuba dive.  I completed my qualification dive and never dove again.  Maybe someday...
4) I used to be a "perfume model" before I was married.  Yes, that's what I was called.  You know, I would ask people if they would like to try a new perfume?  It actually paid quite well, but walking around in heels (and smiling/being perky at the same time) for 4 hours was not easy...
5) I have to check my stove top burners (a few times) and all the doors in my house before I go anywhere.  It's a bit OCD, but I am the one to blame if the house burns down!
6) I love animals.  If there is a dog or cat (or horse, hamster, etc.) in the vicinity I must go visit with them.  This involves petting and baby talk.:) I visit the humane society from time to time to see the animals and sometimes the girls and I bring treats for them.
7) I am a chicken when it comes to flying.  I don't want my girls to know this.  Jeff just falls asleep.  You should see me when turbulence happens:  "Girls, isn't this like a roller coaster?" as I death grip the arm rest, sweat dripping down...  Isn't this FUN??!

I just tagged a bunch of you a few days ago, but if you'd like to join in on this tag please do!:)
 

10 comments:

Kate said...

I laughed out loud at that last one (the image of you trying to stay calm for your kids).

I am the same with animals, even after I was bitten by a dog this summer.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I'm not so much afraid of flying--more afraid of airport security! I don't know how you did the perfume model thing--definitely couldn't smile that whole time!

Polka Dot Moon said...

I love learning little bits about our blogging friends!

I'm a certified scuba diver too - and petrified of the water!! JAWS did me in........I've never done it again.

Have a great weekend!
Denise

Tina Puntigam said...

I share 1, 3, and 6 with you and I'm totally opposite of 2 and 7 :) What was the most popular perfume?

Mother Hood said...

I'm the same with the burners! Growing up with a fireman for a dad will do it to ya! Plus, I've melted a pot and a glass lid to the burners before. So, I'm super extra paranoid. And yes, the mom always gets blamed.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Mamatina- The most popular perfume at the time was Lou Lou. It was lovely, but now you can only get it in Europe... I used to have a bottle of it. I guess I will have to go back to England, but what about the ice situation??:-0 Lori

Robin Beck said...

Why am I laughing?
I grind my teeth. I get a tall mocha in a grande cup so they can fill it to the hilt with ice (love ice) I did some make up modeling for Nordstoms a couple of times-One cat walk. (Didn't get paid for it but did get free make-up) I hate flying but would bite the bullet to fly to see you! But I say the same thing you said other then I explain turbulence to my kids as "potholes" in the road when you are driving-They are not dangerous but are rough...Well the plane goes through the same pot holes in the air (hey, it settled them down but I didn't buy it myself) With kids it's not what you say but how calm you are when saying it! (Big smile) !!!
Love learning new things about you... Mrs. Scuba diver :) (I have always wanted to do this but have only snorkeled)
Night!

joyfullness said...

Lori..this was so fun to learn about you...you are one funny gal!
I have just sipped my morning away reading up on my favorite blogs....
where have i been??? Okay...your amazing plaid button bracelet is adorable!!!oh my!! and the front porch is stunning...what a presentation!! who wouldn't want to sit and sip the day away at your place!!
Happy Day!!
JOY

Darlene said...

It is so much fun learning a bit more about our blogging friends....I don't like to fly either and I am a sucker for animals...sometimes I think I like them more than people...ut oh.....

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed reading your random facts. I am surprised you were not able to get ice in England. I have always been able to get ice over here. I hope it hasn't put you off coming again. I am teffifed of flying too. When we visited Florida my Mom was sure I wouldn't get on the plane. We allowed plenty of time to get to the airport but there was a massive traffic jam blocking the road. We almost missed our flight so because we were rushing I didn't have time to think about it. We have booked to return to Florida next year so I will have to face my fear again.
Lindsay