About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Party Time!

We survived the PARTY! Yes, the girls are playing with "eyeballs" and "rats"! It's Halloween time! They are in "Gollum's Cave"... mwa haha!!!!

Katie and Shayla with their "Monster Bugs"...

My friends Christy and Darlene... Christy was "Mother Nature"- too cute!

Natalie, Shayla, Katie and Mandy create their masks...

Look at those sweet faces working on their Monster Bugs!

The Katie twins and Miss Rachel (their ballet teacher)

Cleopatra and her friend, the Spider Web enjoying apple cider. (There is NO way you would get me to wear a spider wrapped around my body.)

Cleopatra, a Pokemon trainer, Tinkerbell and Mulan...

Miss Pumpkin and Tinkerbell!

My husband, the pirate!

Me and Katie before the party... (I did it, Heather!)

Mandy and Me...
Me and my Cuties!

Daddy and his Girls...
My Department 56 Haunted House...

Preps for the Apple Cider...

Halloween Party reading material...

The Spider Web Game... The web is velcro and so are the stripes on the bugs!

Create a Mask Station...


Create a Monster Bug Station...

The girls creating "Gollum's Cave"! Mandy read scary stories by flashlight to "willing victims" in here...

It was a fun party. I think next year we will have an afternoon party with a Pumpkin theme so that all my friends can come. Some of my friends do not celebrate Halloween... Pumpkins are my "true" love, anyway.:0) The focus will be "out of doors" with a "s'more station", "pumpkin decorating station", "face painting station", and more. Time to start planning birthday parties now!

25 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
We loved the pictures from your fantasic party. Everyone looks great in their fancy dress. Mandy makes a lovely Cleopatra and her friend with the spider wrapped around her looks wonderful. The kids must have had so much fun with all the bug decorating and mask making. You really hosted a wonderful event for them all. You have plans for next year already? They sound perfect. Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday.
Lindsay & Jessica
xx

Darlene said...

It looks like it was a wonderful fun party!!! Great costumes.♥

Robin Beck said...

Ha Ha! I knew you would pull it all off! AND I knew it would be WONDERFUL!
Love all the photos Lori, the girls look so cute!
AND I might add, you look AMAZING! Yes, going shorter on the hair really works for you girl!

Robin~♥

P.S. I think it's so cool that Jeff got into the action too! That is something his girls will always remember! What awesome parents you guys are.

Eileen said...

Great party!
Great photos!
Great post!

You're very creative and I loved all your party ideas! The kids look like they had a wonderful time and you kept them occupied with such fun projects!

That's so sweet of you to think of others that don't celebrate Halloween too, and I think next year's pumpkin theme is a great Fall Party idea!

Everyone's costumes were great! You did a wonderful job and you have a beautiful family!
Love to you,
Eileen

Tristan said...

Oh, how fun!!!!

You look so cute, btw!

Anonymous said...

You are making such memories, dearest one. I love that so much.

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!
what a SUPER fun time! :) you are such a sweet mommy <3

Wendy said...

Looks SOOO fun!!
I love your stations, your home decor, and all of the costumes. You are creating fabulous memories for your family and friends!!
A pumpkin party, eh? Could people still dress up? ;-) I don't care much about Halloween myself, but I couldn't give up the Dress-Up Time!

Jill said...

OH my goodness!!! LORI!! how over-the-top fun!!! LOVE the decorate a mask!!! and the bugs...yum! o.k.- everything!!!...and by the way...R.-E.'s birhtday is Nov. 16...and R.'s birthday is Nov.23!!! I'm in the planning mode too!! :)
Blessings!
Jill

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Just noticed your new header. That's so funny. The look on Mandy's face is great. Katie reminds me so much of Jessica because she holds her nose like that when she eats things she doesn't like!
Enjoyed the pictures again today. Jessica said to me that you had the most 'tasteful' halloween party she has ever seen.
Lindsay
x

April said...

All I have to say, Lori, is...will you adopt me? Pretty PLEASE??? I just love your zest for life and for having creative fun! Your family is so lucky to have you! Love all your cute costumes!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! So impressed you are already planning the pumpkin party for next year, tee hee. Love all the 'stations!' My oldest had her big 'Halloween themed' Birthday bash this weekend too and we had a cupcake decorating station and did a pumpkin decorating station too, yay. The kids had sooo much fun.

Jamie :)

Elise said...

Looks like tons of fun!! Love it!!
Elise

Michele said...

Hi Lori ~ looks like you guys had so much fun! Everyone's costumes are awesome!

Hugz,
Michele

Nancy said...

It looks like so much fun. Such great costumes and activities. I wish I could crash that party! :)

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a fun time! LOVE the edible bugs ;)

and great photos of you, hubby and the girls!

Jill said...

Wow, girlie, you go all out! That looks like an awesome time! Everyone looked so cute. Fall parties are the best! Cute idea about the pumpkin party, too. Fun, fun!!!

Lori said...

So much fun . . . Oh I remember those days. Wish I had little darlings still at home to have these fun parties with. That pirate looks pretty real -

Sherri said...

Lori-what a great time y'all had!! It was wonderful to see you in some of the pictures! You look great!!

Georgia Girl said...

Wow Lori it looks like you all had a great time...We are thinking about having a Halloween Party next year...I just love the Fall and all the activities that goes with it.

We are planning a birthday party also that will be in a few weeks.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

What fun! Love the costumes...and the pumpkin mugs!!

Unknown said...

Lori,
Your party looks fabulous!! It looks like everyone had a great time and the costumes--love them! I especially like your husband as the pirate! (and his "mean" face!)
Your idea for next year sounds great too...I especially like the idea of a s'more station!

annie

Susan said...

Great party! I'm sure everyone had a blast.

Happy Halloween!

Yarni Gras! said...

that looks like SUCH FUN! For years I've wanted to host a Halloween party so now I REALLY want to! *sigh*

Jen said...

Thank you for a glimpse into he world of little girls--a world I might never see unless my sons somday produce me some grandaughters. Your Halloween party looks like such fun. Great activity stations! We are going to one tomorrow night and I can't wait.