About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Want to Live in Dallas...

I'm finally getting a minute to post our trip to Dallas! We knew we were in for some fun when we saw the sign for the Galleria Mall...

IMG_8598

I had forgotten all about The American Girl Place! Good thing the girls brought two of their dolls along...

IMG_8599
Even my husband had fun! It is not quite as glamorous as the one in Chicago, but we were thrilled just the same! Mandy had Kirstin's hair done as soon as we arrived!

IMG_8606

After making out wish lists and dreaming (a lot!) we went upstairs to the cafe. I thought you might like a peek at the menu...

IMG_8611

They have dolls everywhere with anything you could imagine for them! This is the bottom of the escalator where all the Girls of the Year dolls are displayed.

IMG_8612

Can you stand all the cuteness?! I wanted to make out a wish list of my own.:)

IMG_8613

We had to venture IN the mall, too. That is an adventure all it's own! Nordstrom (MY favorite!) for lunch! LUSH, Chico's, Tiffany's, Macy's, SAKS, etc. It's all there! (Psst! Next time I want to stay at the Westin hotel that is connected to the mall. Wanna join me?)

IMG_8616

We were back the next day for an early lunch at the American Girl Place as we headed back home. It was yummy! Special chairs and even a little muffin for the dolls.:)

IMG_8652
For her starter, Katie chose fresh fruit kabobs and strawberry muffins with strawberry yogurt for dipping...

IMG_8658

Kirstin seemed to be having a lovely time!

IMG_8660

Love all the PINK!

IMG_8663

Katie and Elizabeth were in heaven!

IMG_8651

Mandy's starter we a cheese fondue with fresh warm bread. I chose pretzel bread with honey mustard and cheese dipping sauces. Oh my goodness...

IMG_8657

If you forget to bring your doll, they have ones that you can borrow. Is that genius or what? No one gets left out...

IMG_8649

Mandy's lunch was Tic Tac Toe Pizza, Katie ordered Spaghetti and Meatballs, Jeff had a hamburger and I enjoyed a Spinach Salad with strawberries, goat cheese and a delicious vinagrette dressing.

IMG_8665

Look at all the hair style choices!

IMG_8671
It's Elizabeth's turn...

IMG_8672

While we wait for her hair to be done, let's take a peek at the party rooms upstairs...

IMG_8670

I do believe that the girls would love to have their parties here! Perhaps someday...

IMG_8669

26 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh WOW!!! A girl's dream come true!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Oh wow! Galleria Mall looks so much fun. The girls and their dolls had a fantastic time at the American Girl Place. I am amazed as we have nothing like that over here. We enjoyed the American Girl books your parents gave Jessica very much. I was pleased to see there was a 'Lindsey' doll there on display although she doesn't look like me! Jessica loves the native american doll who looks a bit like Pochahontas. The food you had there sounds lovely and the party room too, every litle girls dream I am sure.
Lindsay
x

Yarni Gras! said...

I would go back to the DFW area in a FLASH...we loved it there!

Polka Dot Moon said...

I had NO idea! I'm sure that place is every little girls dream {and big girls too ;) }
Denise

Jill K said...

How fun for little girls!

I wanted to go to Dallas when I watched Oprah eat some corn dogs at their county fair...

I guess we all have different reasons for wanting to live in Texas!

Robin Beck said...

The photos are fabulous Lori!
It's the next best thing to being there!
I could see you fitting right in in Dallas-It is your kind of city girl!
I'm just so thrilled you all had such a wonderful time!

Love,
Me~♥

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Lori, I have been wanting to take my girls the 'American Girl Place' in NY (since it's closer to us), now I must! What a fun time...your girls faces are priceless.

Jamie :)

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WoW... Looks like a FUN place, they used to have mini's {do they still}? I am absolutely in LOVE with the white dog "Coconut" looks like my Dolce.

Tristan said...

oh.my.word.

I want to go!!!!


TOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

ACK!
SOOOOOOOOO cute!

and i LOVE your new blog look with the great big pictures! i feel like i'm there with you!

xoxo

Susan said...

That looks like so much fun! I so want to take my girls to the AG store someday. Guess I'll have to head to Atlanta to do so. I wonder if it's just as nice as the one you were in! My girls would be in heaven!!!!

Susan said...

How great it is to be a girl today. Wow!

Shell in your Pocket said...

We are big AG doll fans here...I love the one in Chicago!

Looks like your girls had a great time!
sandy toe

Lori said...

Boy I must have been in a coma all of this time because I had no idea about this wonderful mall and/or the American Girl Place. I want to get a doll and be part of it all!!!

Eileen said...

My girls are grown now, but they were so into American Girl dolls when they were little (there were only three dolls to choose from when they started collecting!), I was in love with the quality from the minute we received the first package in the mail.
I have a two year old granddaughter now and I can't wait until she's interested, I am looking forward to making the trip to the American Girl store here in New York!

It looks like you all enjoyed a wonderful time! Thanks so much for sharing this, I so enjoyed taking the trip with you!
Love to you, Eileen

Darlene said...

I would LOVE for you to live in Dallas....not far from me!!!! Do you know we have never been to the American Girl in the Galleria. I think we MUST take a trip!

Sherri said...

Lori, my girls had 2 American Girl Dolls each and they still have them at ages 28 and 26!! What a fun time y'all had! Nice memories!

Nancy said...

Oh how I love the Galleria. We always go to Dallas in the summer (why, I don't know!) and the Galleria is my haven from the heat. That AGP is fabulous. I would love to have a party there for my girls but $$$$$!!!! I am going to recreate it at my house for my oldest's bday. I will post about it later in January. It should be awesome... hair center, photo center, homemade outfits, pink and black. I'm brainstorming!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Oh my goodness! What wonders. I bet you gals had the most awesome time!

Unknown said...

So fun!
I hope my daughter falls in love with American Girl when she gets a little older
BTW, I love your new BIG pictures. I want to do that to my blog so bad!!!

Jodi said...

I LOVE IT!! We are going to AG Place in NYC next Saturday for my youngest daughter's 8th bday. Looking at the pics of your trip with my youngest has her all excited and giggly!! Great post and great photos. We're having lunch at the cafe' and then some shopping of course. The hair salon looks like fun. What do you recommend? After seeing your post, I'm really looking forward to going now! lol

My oldest has 3 AG dolls she's collected since she was 8. We love them in our house, we've also got Bitty Baby and Bitty Twin girls..brunette & blonde. Looks like you all had a blast!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Victoria Hayden said...

How fun!! It looked like you all had a great time! I think we are soul sisters...I too would have had the pretzel bread with honey mustard and cheese! Yummy!! Glad you all had such a great time!

Hugs and love friend,
~Victoria~

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fabulous trip. Oh So Much Fun! I will meet you in Dallas anytime. My favorite is Neiman Marcus' cafe for popovers and strawberry butter. So yummy.

Jodi said...

Thanks for stopping by Lori. Yes, we have reservations for lunch at the cafe'. Made them last month by phone, because they were all booked up online!

My youngest is getting Chrissa for her bday. She has been asking for her since she came out! lol But, I told her she had to wait til her Nov. bdday. Her grandmother is getting her for her.

My oldest has Samantha, Elizabeth, and Jess, but I don't think she's going to bring them. She's 13 now, and they are in our dining room hutch all dressed and pretty on display. She no longer plays with them, but still loves having them nonetheless. Her Samantha doll was her very first one, and is one of the original dolls from The Pleasant Company!

My niece is bringing her Kit doll with her too.

I'm just so glad that my youngest is into the AG dolls now too. I love them, and I'm glad it didn't end with my oldest outgrowing playing with them! lol

I'll be sure to post about our trip. Hope you'll stop by:) Have a nice week! ~Jodi

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! Your photos are dynamite!

Hi! I'm PJ,host of the Amazon giveaway. You're one of my new followers and I like to meet and greet those I haven't met and gret yet! :) Welcome!

I'm following along on your blog now too!

Farmgirl Paints said...

My daughters would have been in heaven. Great pictures!! Did you use Windows Live Writer to get them so big?? Just curious:)