About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hot Chocolate and a NEW winner!

For the fabulous tags click here!

Here is another fun gift idea for Christmas! The girls are having a blast making hot chocolate for friends and family! Blonde Designs has darling tags you can print off and here is the recipe we are using:

Hot Chocolate Mix:

Ingredients-
2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
1/8 teaspoon salt

Instructions
1. Measure all of the ingredients into a mixing blow and whisk until they are evenly blended.
2. Store the mix in a tightly covered container at room temperature until you're ready to package it. Makes about 4 cups of mix.

**Wrap in cellophane and don't forget to include a tag with the following instructions: "Spoon 3 or 4 generous tablespoons of cocoa mix into your cup and boiling water. Enjoy."**

If you use the Blonde Designs gift tags you won't have to worry about instructions as they are already on the tag!:)

Jennifer did not respond to my giveaway, so I have a new winner! (I can't wait any longer as Christmas is coming!) My new winner is.... JODI!

6 comments:

Robin Beck said...

Oh yummers Lori!

My kids love hot chocolate...They are now into "designing" their hot chocolate - I will have to blog to show you. But their new thing is adding flavored seasonal creamer to their hot chocolate, whip cream with sprinkles on it and vanilla flavored marshmallows around the edges (walmart sells these in the shape of snowmen)
I know my kids are in their late teens but you are never to old for hot cocoa! I know they will love seeing the mini chocolate chips that are in this recipe you showed us!

Gotta go get busy finishing my outdoor tree.

Love,
Me~♥

mysteryhistorymom said...

Robin- That sounds AMAZING and oh so decadent!:) You must blog about it! Lori

Connie said...

This hot cooca mix sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe and the tags with us. I'm always looking for a neighbor or teacher gift! Perfect!
Have a great day!

Jodi said...

Yay! I'm a winner! Thanks Lori!! I love your blog! Thanks for the recipe too! Sounds yummy :) I emailed you my address!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Thanks for the recipe for hot chocolate. I will have to give that a try with the toppings Robin suggested. Sounds perfect for a chilly day.
Congratulations to Jodi. I am so glad she won those lovely books, she is so deserving and I know her family will definately enjoy them.
I will pray for Michelle and her baby. Her family must be so worried.
Hope you are having a good Sunday.
Lindsay
x

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Oh, we love hot cocoa! I so want to try that.