Saucy Pudding Cake
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, divided
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup uncooked quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1) Beat 1/4 cup brown sugar and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
2) Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients. Add to sugar mixture alternately with 1/2 cup water, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
3) Stir in oats.
4) Spoon into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan, and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup sugar (this sounded like A LOT to me so I just used 3/4 cup brown sugar.).
5) Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over top. (Do not stir.)
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Pouring boiling water on top creates a spoonable cake with it's own sauce. Oh yeah.