About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sweet Robin Red Breast

   Look who showed up in our front yard today.  Isn't he precious?  I was pruning some bushes and heard something peeping.  At first glance I thought it was a Mama bird, but this little guy didn't fly away as I got closer.  He was crying for help, I believe, and I wanted so badly to help him!  We are currently studying birds and it states that if you find a bird you should leave it alone.  This is for the best.  As a child, I found a little bird and sadly it had a heart attack when people got involved.:(  So, I took a quick picture and spoke quietly to the little fellow.  He just looked at me and blinked.  Bless his little heart.  Well, the girls and I watched him from the front door for a minute, but then we were off and running to gymnastics.  We didn't get home until hours later and he had vanished.  I hope he is snug in his little nest tonight.:-)

2 comments:

~ Roxanne said...

Parker and I were listening to bird sounds this morning http://www.naturesound.com/birds/birds.html the first option is a robin.

I love robins, not only is my brother named Robin after Christopher Robin, but they are such happy birds and bring back memories of my childhood.

Linda Jo said...

I love your little Robin! So sweet. Yes, I found my birdcages, btw. Yeah me! I'll try and get a picture of my birdcages up soon.