About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Reading


   The girls and I have just finished reading The Secret Garden and it was absolutely delightful!  I think we have all dreamed, at some point in our lives, to discover something magical like a hidden garden or as mysterious as sounds in an old, dreary mansion like Misselthwaite Manor.  We are looking forward to watching the movie and seeing the secret garden for ourselves!
  We just started reading Farmer Boy yesterday.  This book tells the story of Laura Ingalls Wilder's husband, Almonzo, when he was a child.  It is wonderful!  We will be using The Prairie Primer as we read this book.  The Prairie Primer is a fabulous home school resource that really helps children learn and retain what they have read.  It is a study guide for all the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just re-reading all the Little House books with my daughter, too. We read them together when she was about 7 and did a mother/daughter book club with a dozen others. I'm glad I get to read them all over again with her at age 11!

~ Roxanne said...

Sydney and I read and abridged copy of the Secret Garden a couple of years ago and loved it.

Farmer Boy received two thumbs up in our family! Even dad was mesmorized, the city boy he was :o}

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

We loved both of those books too! The Prairie Primer is a great homeschooling resource filled with lots of info and great ideas to add to your learning adventure.