About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, June 28, 2008

You Just Never Know...

I walked into the garage this afternoon to get something and realized it was quiet, the temperature was just right and my May issue of Country Home magazine was begging to be opened.  So I thought, why not?  The garage door was open and I was able to listen to the rain fall and my daughter singing as she walked through the puddles.  I sat in the car for about 15 delicious minutes (with my toes on the windshield) and was inspired by the words and pictures. Sheer bliss.  No one needed me or called for me.  Or maybe they just didn't know where I was?  Anyway, I highly recommend the garage if you need a tiny escape from the real world for while.  Who would have ever thought?

1 comment:

The Motherboard said...

oh my gosh! that is totally where I go when I want to be alone.. in my car. When i want to talk on the phone without being bugged... i get in my car and lock the doors!

I think reading in the garage with rain sounds blissful! Thats how I read the 7th Harry Potter!!