About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, January 1, 2009

We're Home!


   Happy New Year!  Oh my goodness, I have missed all of you!  We just got back from Florida and after unpacking, doing some laundry and having a nice, long, hot shower I am ready for show and tell.:)
   Yesterday was my Sweetie's birthday!  We slept in (heavenly), then Jeff was off racing cars with my Dad, later we went to see "Four Christmases" (very good) while my parents took the girls to see "Bedtime Stories" (they loved it).  We ended the evening with dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (Have you ever had the Factory Salad??) and then broke open a dinosaur pinata (you're never too old!) at my parents followed by the most incredible cake from Coldstone Creamery (Peanut Butter Playground).  A fabulous day like that makes getting older just a little bit easier.:)

   It tastes even BETTER than it looks.

   Such a cute birthday boy.:)

   New Year's pictures after the birthday party...


   This year I am going to attempt to post more pictures of me.  I am NOT photogenic, but who cares?  

14 comments:

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR & Happy birthday to your hubs! Sounds like you all had a blast! My girls & their friends went to see Bedtime Stories today with my husband and they LOVED it! I want to see four Christmases too. Glad you are back...missed ya ;-)

Mother Hood said...

What?! You are adorable! Happy New Year!!!

Darlene said...

It looks like you had a great birthday party for your sweetie! Also all dressed up in your hats for New Years.....what fun! I'm glad you had a great time in Florida!

Beth said...

That cake looks fabulous. I try not to post pictures of myself either...Have fun being home, Beth

Elise said...

I think you are precious, Lori!! Happy Birthday, Jeff!!
Happy New Year, all!!j
Elise

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Glad to hear you are back and have had a good Christmas in Florida. I have missed you. That chocolate cake looks gorgeous. Did you save me a piece?!!!! You look lovely in all your pictues Lori. We need to take 12 pictures to get one that's ok of me! We enjoyed Four Christmases too, very funny film.
Happy belated birthday Jeff.
Happy New Year
Lindsay

mommyholly said...

You are so cute missy, you need lots more photos!!! :) And I LOVE that pinata hehe!! Happy bday to your hubby!! Hope you and your family enjoyed a fabulous new year and may you all enjoy happiness in 2009! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! :)
and I'll pretend you didn't make that 'not photogenic' remark ;) you are beautiful. so glad you had such a nice trip...that peanut butter cake thingie looks to die for!
have a blessed day!

Sherri said...

Happy New Year! Glad you're back!! Sounds like your hubby had a really fun birthday. What an awesome looking cake! DH and I saw Four Christmases and liked it too!

Robin Beck said...

Welcome HOME! You have been missed sooooo much! I love the photos you posted! It looks like you all had such a great time at Jeff's party and at New Years!
IF you are going to start posting more photos of yourself then so am I! (and you know what I think of myself in photographs!Ugh!)

I missed you so much~Glad your back posting! ~♥~

Shell in your Pocket said...

What fun pictures!!!

-sandy toes

9ndhouse- Katie said...

Sounds like you have been having a great time, what a wonderful birthday plan! That cake!! WOW!! I can almost taste it!!
Funny my husband just told me the other day after looking through last years pictures that since I wasn't in any of them I needed to let someone else help take pictures this year!!! I was in a few! LOL! I think you look great in your pictures! Happy New Year!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Happy New Year! So glad you're back! Looks like the birthday was great fun! I admire you're resolve to post more pics of yourself! I couldn't do it! You're my hero!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Jeff and you look wonderful!!! Your parents sound like a lot of fun! Happy New Year to you all!