About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, June 11, 2011

9 on 10

Katie loves Dan Gutman books.
She read 5 of them in 3 days.


                             American Girl class starts next 
        week.  Yarn dolls!              


                                I am turning into a Coupon Lady.  
               No notebook.... yet.


                                       We do school in the summer.    
           Even robots need to learn.:)
            

                                                        Paint your toes.
     Sprinkle on matching Martha Stewart 
          glitter before it dries.    
               It's a good thing.


                            Our new Lord of the Rings study.
                                                          

                                                   Rainbow Pudding Pops.
                   So summer!


                                 Fresh raspberries we picked
                  this week.   
            Peach/Raspberry Cobbler!

                                          
                                 We ended the day with Driving 
                  Miss Daisy.  
          One of my all time favorites.


                                          "You're my Best Friend." 
         I know it's coming and I cry. 
                 Every. Time.

7 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I used to love making yarn dolls :) Cute robot there! Sounds like summer has arrived for you. The pudding pops will keep you cool. They look delicious.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Lindsay
x

Sherri said...

Sounds like everyone is having a great summer so far!! I love Driving Miss Daisy too and I cry at that part too :)!!

val said...

sounds like a great time...love that Katie is such an avid reader! I can hear the Driving Miss Daisy theme music NOW...love it, thanks!

Tristan said...

Just so you know..taylor-austyn and I want to come crash your house for summer!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

This was just a "feel good Post". I actually had a belly laugh when I saw your little Katie in her Robot get-up. One of the great things about childhood is all the cool stuff that's made out of cardboard.
My little Sara used to make laptops with her friends from cardboard. Now they all own the real thing.
Here's hoping Katie gets her own REAL robot someday. :-D
Mary Lou

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Can't wait to see the yarn dolls! Driving Miss Daisy was Rusty and my first date....

Georgia Girl said...

love driving miss daisy...my dad had a car like that

sounds like lots of fun this summer