About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Colorado- Day 1

I had some concerns about Colorado,
being an "indoor girl" and all.

I am here to report that I have fallen in love with the big
CO.

Day 1 (planned entirely by my wonderful husband) was spent in Denver.



We had dinner at La Casa Bonita.
Cliff Divers.
Gorillas.
Fire Dancers.
All you can eat Sopapillas!



           The line to order was unreal.  Kind of like going to Disney!


                  We were seated right by the cliffs.  Yes, indoor cliffs!


                               Then the shows began.  Good, cheesy, fun!
        You never knew when someone was going to fall/dive into 
                     the pool below!


                                 
             There were gun fights, tribal masks and a mariachi band!
                       They even had breaks for pinata breaking!


                   If you are ever in Denver, you need to take your kids.
                      It was seriously fun for the whole family.:)


Then, we were off to the American Girl Place.
It was conveniently located next to the Cheesecake Factory.:)


We got a peek at the two newest historical dolls.


                                           Cecile and Marie-Grace.  Lovely.


                                        I am in love with the little kitty cat costume!


                                               How cute are the little glasses??


We can't wait to read the new book series.


                My girls were given darling little boxes of bon-bons to 
                            celebrate the new dolls.


Stay tuned for Day 2 as we head to the mountains!

**Check out this fun Christian video giveaway!**

4 comments:

Tristan said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!! THERE IS AN AMERICAN GIRL STORE THERE?!
looks like we will be visiting there when we go..yay!!!

Sheri said...

What awesome pics - looks like an great family trip. Be blessed.

Eileen said...

Such a wonderful trip!
And you're creating such wonderful family memories ~ the glue that bonds!
I love it!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I enjoyed seeing Denver. The place you ate looks so much fun. I can't imagine people diving off cliffs in a restauraunt! You go to the best places. I bet Mandy thought it was so cool. I can tell by her lovely smile that she was loving it. The American Girl shop looks fantastic. Katie looks so happy and excited to be there. I look forward to seeing the mountains. Are you officially an outdoor girl now?
Lindsay
x