About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, January 8, 2012

We Bought a Zoo


     We had the theater (almost) all to ourselves today.  One of my favorite things!  We watched "We Bought a Zoo" and it was wonderful- truly, wonderful.  My husband said it's one of the best movies he's ever seen and I agree.  It's a true story which makes it all the more amazing.  Only one instance of foul language (Why do people think it's so "cute" when young children curse??) and no indecent exposure, if you catch my drift.  A *great* movie for the whole family.  Wish they made more movies like this.

9 comments:

April said...

WOW...having the entire theater to yourselves must have been a real treat! I'm looking forward to seeing that movie SOON!

Tristan said...

I'm waiting on it to come to our little theatre downtown!
so excited to watch it!!

Robin Beck said...

I wondered if that movie was any good. So glad you posted about it.
Happy Birthday week! Love you~

Fran. said...

WOW Lori it has been awhile for me to stop by and say Hi! I wanted to say Happy New year! Been thinking about you. My mother in law asked me to go see that movie but I couldn't go. Everyone sure seems to like it. Hope you're doing good. I miss ya. Love ya, XO Fran.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

The kids and I want to see this SO badly! Glad to hear it was a great movie.

Danielle said...

I want to take the kiddos to see that one sooooooo badly!

My hubs and I had a rare date night treat last week - we went and saw War Horse. The theater wasn't empty, but the crowd was HI-larious responding to the movie. Half way through I told my guy, it's like an animal movie - for grownups! But all the silly stuff aside, it was a very beautiful movie too. Too violent for youngsters, but a good date night movie. No indecent exposure, and possibly 2 potty mouth words through the whole thing?

Anyway...

We don't go to the theater that often because there's never anythign we want to watch. Now another great looking movie too!


...danielle

Lori said...

Thank you for your movie review. I have it on my movie list and was hoping someone would give me their opinion. I went and saw War Horse and it is very good too. There is violence and animal abuse - warning. But it is still good.

Lori said...

Thank you for your movie review. I have it on my movie list and was hoping someone would give me their opinion. I went and saw War Horse and it is very good too. There is violence and animal abuse - warning. But it is still good.

The Blogger said...

I love that movie!! It really is one of the best movies I have ever seen.