About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, June 15, 2012

Feel. Good.


A dear bloggy friend of mine, Danielle, is so close to bringing this precious little boy home.  It's been a long journey.  It's not been easy but God has brought them through the frustration and heartache. 


I'm overwhelmed by the generous and loving spirit this family shares.  They have room for one more little one (and one on the way, too!) in their hearts.  I'm blown. away.  See why I've been thinking about adoption?  Danielle makes me want to do more and be a better person.  She's amazing.

Adoption is not cheap.  But we are talking about a life here.  A little person that needs a family.  

Worth every dollar.



If you feel moved to help this sweet family please go here.


Fabulous prizes.


So many great prizes!  But more than that you will have the gift of knowing that you are blessing a family.  Helping a family.  Making a difference.  You will feel blessed.:)

6 comments:

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Lori our dear friends as well as neighbors are adopting "George" he too is on Reece's Rainow... How awesome God is sooo GOOD!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Jen- That is so wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing this with me.:) Reece's Rainbow is an amazing organization! Lori

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori, I checked out your friend's blog and they are such an amazing family. Their new little one is going to be loved so much. I finished reading the book you sent and it has given me a lot to think about. I wish I was a very different person to who I am right now.
Lindsay
x

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori, I checked out your friend's blog and they are such an amazing family. Their new little one is going to be loved so much. I finished reading the book you sent and it has given me a lot to think about. I wish I was a very different person to who I am right now.
Lindsay
x

mysteryhistorymom said...

Lindsay- I'm so glad you enjoyed the book! I would not change one thing about you- except to move you closer to me.:) Lori

Lindsay-ann said...

I love you Lori :)