About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, October 18, 2007

George Washington Carver Memorial




George Washington Carver was an absolutely amazing human being. He was an artist, botanist, musician (sang and played the violin, piano, accordian), teacher, and more! Our home school co-op took a trip to Missouri this month to visit his museum/memorial for Pioneer Days. The children did old time tub washing (George Washington Carver had a clothes washing business to help pay for school), made candles, visited the museum with a trip to a one room school house, learned about wood carving and had a picnic. It was a gorgeous fall day and we all learned so much. Mandy read G.W. Carver's biography in the car on the way up there (it is an hour drive) and we fell in love with this wonderful, caring, gentle man that did so much to help the world. He also had an unfailing love for the Lord. Even though he never knew his father and his mother was stolen by slave robbers when he was an infant (they stole him too- but left him later as he was terribly ill with whooping cough) he went on to become a shining example to all of us. If I could choose anyone in history to dine with, he would be high on my list.

No comments: