About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yuck

First off, I will tell you that I love Nora Roberts.  I met her a few years ago at a book signing and she is absolutely lovely.  Her books are always a fun escape- romance with a bit of mystery.

   I see them everywhere I go!  In magazines- there they are.  On TV- there they are again.  Lifetime is currently having some sort of Nora Roberts movie series.  The ads are so disgusting and CHEESY that I am avoiding watching these movies!  

   Jerry O'Connell is not a draw for me.  Sorry.  He will always be the fat kid in "Stand by Me" to me.

19 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

I have never read her books but heard they were good. I was going to watch the movies until I saw the ads! Plus the previews made them look pretty cheesy too. So I skipped them.

Oh, I sent my bird swap package out today.

Hugs,
Joanne

Shell in your Pocket said...

Yea...those pictures are unique...to say the least~
sandy toe

KKJD1 said...

Yes the front is suppose to make you want to read or watch but that is terrible. Have a great day! Blessings,Karen

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he looks like he is staring off into space, like something looks wayy more interesting wayy over there...haha.
These pictures are cheesy....haha.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read her books, but we did watch Northern Lights this past weekend. My dh was like ... "are you kidding me ... this is ridiculous even for a chick flick." See what happens when there is nothing else on TV and I had already watched Twilight twice on Saturday! LOL

Tristan said...

Cheesy & yucky!


But ..we watched Northern Lights..and I liked it...some of the scenes could have been left out..but.

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, hilarious! I had no idea that was him! GET OUT! I need to watch Stand by Me again - what a riot. And yes, those posters are horrific. At first, I thought you were promoting the movies and I got a little scared.... Imagine my sigh of relief when I saw the word "cheesy."

Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh dear...............

Jerry O'Connell naked. Enough said!

Darlene said...

Those pictures don't do anything to pull me in to watch the show......definitely YUCK!

Lindsay-ann said...

Yes I know what you mean! The artwork is not very tasteful and looks so trashy!

Robin Beck said...

I really think the cover helps big time in selling a book. I wouldn't want to buy a book with that kind of cover-Or a movie. It's too bad if she is such a great writer. I haven't read her books, YET. :)

We just got our new carpet in and I like it. :)

Robin~♥

Angie said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the previews on Lifetime...yucko! My daughter was sitting there with me and I felt embarrassed! LOL. I am not a fan of any of the actors so I doubt I will watch them..you made me laugh so hard though at the stand by me remark..I remember that movie!

Sherri said...

I agree NORA WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!

Ann Harrison said...

Are these real? Like really REAL show promo pictures?!? It's like a joke. They're horrible.

(I will accept any current picture of Jerry O'Connell however ;-> )

Elise said...

I haven't read the books, but I have seen the previews. I wasn't sure about the whole Leann Rhimes thing on the magazine. A little sad if its true. Oh, but I used to have a crush on Jerry O'Connell a few years ago!! Yum, yum!!
Elise
Oh, I mailed out Heidi's package today.

Magnolia Rose said...

Oh. I totally agree with you on this one. The pictures are tacky and trashy to me.

Tina said...

Ha! that's funny. I've noticed the same thing.

Glad I stumbled on your blog through Sandals and Daisies (Angie)

Blessings
T

April said...

Well...I have to admit...those pictures leave me speechless. And that doesn't happen too often!

julie & joe said...

I never saw the ads but I have to say that I have seen all of the Nora films on lifetime and I thought they were well done. I am looking forward to the one this week, it was one of my favorite books and the book had some very steamy portions. I frequently miss commercials because that is when I do house work, etc.