About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas Cookies

   Holly is hosting a really fun Christmas Book Swap for children on her blog.  I was going to sign up the girls, but my crazy addiction to swaps has to stop somewhere, my friends!  No more swap sign-ups until next year for me...  If you are interested, I know it will be really fun as Holly is fabulous!:)  Sign ups end tomorrow (Friday) so get yourself over there and sign up!  This is one of the books I was going to give in the swap.  It is precious.  The words are simple and tender and the pictures are soft and lovely... 
   I have not read this one yet, but it is waiting at the library for me.:)  These books are perfect to read by the fire and the words will warm your heart, no matter how old you are.  Enjoy, my friends.

10 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I am going to look up that book..she looks like my daughter!
-sandy toes

Shell in your Pocket said...

I just ordered that book on Amazon...$6.00..my daughter will love it for Christmas..looked so sweet!
-sandy toes

Anonymous said...

I was just telling Robin yesterday that I have to stop the swaps -- at least for a while. Although this one is really cute.

Jules said...

I too had to put myself on swap restriction. So sad. Holly's swap almost made me throw my rules away. Boo hoo!
Thanks for the book recommendation!

Elise said...

I wanted to do that swap too, but I am about swapped out. Not that I am tired of them, but my bank account is!! I really would love to do one for the kids after the new year sometime. Maybe we can coordinate one.
I need to go check out that book. It looks cute!!
Elise

KKJD1 said...

What a cute idea. Too bad my boys have gotten to old. Hope you have a wonderful Friday. Blessings, karen

Heather said...

What a fun swap, but I am with you. I have to stop somewhere:)

That picture of Katie is all kinds of cuteness. I love the jacket. oh, and yes, that is the apple shirt from Gymboree...I love that place(their clearance racks are a dream!)

Sherry said...

I cut myself off of swapping for awhile, but this one does look like fun. Oh well, maybe next time. Those books look great, thanks for sharing!

Sherry

Heidi said...

Hi Lori, I completely agree about getting carried away with swapping!!:).....I have gone crazy too!....Holly's book swap will be my last one for this year as well, & from now on I have to do 1-2 at a time...not 10! :)..however, I have to say that swaps are so much fun & such a lovely way for us all to get to know each other better!...just a few less all at once! :).....Wishing you a wonderful weekend!....Your friend, Heidi XO P.S. your book suggestions sound great!

Yarni Gras! said...

I'm putting my swap obsession aside until '09 too! HA! I've got things to do! I've been cutting out fabric alllllll week long!