About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Elves are Busy

   There is an unfamiliar sound at my house.  It's kind of a humming, a whirring....  Yes, it's a sewing machine!  We have had our sewing machine for a few years but no one knew how to use it.  Then, my brave husband decided it was time to get some use out of it.  He is an engineer, so no problem for him.  I am another story.  I sit and drool over things that others can create.  I wish and wish, but the sewing fairy just doesn't show up.:(  
   Well, my wonderful friend, Robin, hosted a Christmas Stocking Swap and I decided it was time to stop being a chicken.  Maybe it's because I will be turning 40 soon, I don't know, but I am tired of being such a weenie!  So, this past week, each member of our family has done a bit of sewing.  I am still a bit intimidated, but now I can see why sewing can be a joy!  Yippee!  Here is a peek at the stocking that I made today- my first ever!  

   These are the stockings that my girls made.  They designed and created them and are so proud.  Who would have ever thought you would hear a sewing machine in MY house?  I have to give Jeff a big "Thank You" as he was a great teacher.  Thanks Sweetie!:)


9 comments:

mommyholly said...

Oh my gosh, those are SO cute!! I have totally gotten into sewing lately too... I was never too good at it, but I LOVE it now! I can't get enough hehe!! :) xo!

Robin Beck said...

Oh my goodness gracious! Look at you girls go. You know, I actually need to thank YOU for bringing up your sewing machine months ago because it made me want to get mine out! I can't believe how much I am enjoying sewing. The stockings turned out so beautiful Lori-All of them! Adorable~♥

Yarni Gras! said...

sweet stockings! yeah for all of you!

Beth said...

The stockings look great - I love the pom-poms! I'm so proud that the sewing machine is being used! Yippee! Beth

Elise said...

Great job!! Don't you feel proud?? I love to create things and look back and say, "I made that."
Elise

Anonymous said...

The stockings look wonderful! I've noticed in my own sewing that the fabric, laces, and trims are what makes the sewn item be spectacular! The rest is just basic sewing and you guys did a great job!
Missy

~ Roxanne said...

Great job! Sewing can be very rewarding. My kids love it and wish I would do it more with them.

I need help pulling something together for the Pink Christmas swap and I am running out of time!

Any ideas for a nativity theme?

Heather said...

Wow, they turned out great! I am impressed! You should all be proud of yourselves.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Those are so cute! So glad you conquered your fear of sewing! Shamefully I haven't made my stocking yet......