About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fun For the Whole Family

   Today we celebrated Katie's 6th birthday at our favorite restaurant with one of these....  Yes, they are as good as they look.

   
   Katie planned her special day to include lunch and playtime at the local Chuck E. Cheese.  We all had a blast playing games and earning tickets for prizes.  You're never too old for that!:)

   She got lots of lovely gifts including a matching dress, boots and umbrella from Grandma and Ba.:)  Katie is so happy to have her own personal umbrella so she can "get the mail when it is raining!"

   Did I mention that Katie lost her two front teeth??  "All I want for Christmas...."

   She also received a number of gift cards and birthday money.  Lucky little lady!:)



   I had so much fun making these tags!  I can see how it can become addictive...

   Such a fun day.  I can't believe my little cutie pie is 6 years old...


11 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh! We were there after church today!! Sorry we didn't run into you. Happy Birthday Katie!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Looks like a lot of fun!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! That dessert looks so yummy! It looks like you all had a great day together. Beth

Tristan said...

Oh, she is just precious..she makes my baby fever worse..lol..I guess, I must be getting desperate..I'm settling for a 6 year old..LOL!

Robin Beck said...

Happy Birthday dear KATIEEEEEEE! Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu~♥

Love the tags Lori-I told you they were addicting!

The family photo is adorable!

Heather said...

Happy birthday Katie! Yay for Mom in the photo with the family:) Katie, I WANT those boots! I am so glad you had such a special day!

Elise said...

Happy Birthday, Katie!! You have such a beautiful family, Lori!!
Elise

Lindsay-ann said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday Katie. You look to have had a lovely birthday. I love your boots.
Lori, the tags you made are so special. I LOVE them. We do not have Chuck E Cheese over here but looking at that chocolate ice-cream desert, I wish we did!
Lindsay

Kemma said...

Oh, Happy Birthday! And I love that two-front-teeth picture. Nate just lost his, too! The other two lost them one at a time, so I never got to see that big gap-grin. Hers is just lovely!
It really seems like just a tiny time ago that she was born. Time flies.

~ Roxanne said...

Let us know when they are doing the kids eat free deal and we will have to get together for dinner!

Happy Birthday toothless Katie :0}

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

She looks so grown up. It looks like she had a great birthday.