About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Scruble Cube review- TOS Crew

My girls were really excited to help me review a Scruble Cube!  If you are not familiar with Scruble Cube, this is how it's described on their website: "Scruble Cube takes some of the best known play patterns of some of the most popular word games and puzzles in history and combines them in a brand new, unique format to create the World's Greatest 3-D Word Game!"   

We brought it with us on our last vacation.  No little pieces to lose and perfect for travel!:)  You turn the cube searching for letters to form words.  Each letter is worth a certain number of points.  You can play alone or with a group, taking turns.  The game is a nice combination of Scrabble and Rubik's Cube.


    The Scruble Cube is a unique toy that combines play with Math Skills, Spelling, Vocabulary Development, Higher Level Thinking Skills, Problem Solving Skills, and more.  The letters are large and easy to see, which is a bonus for someone who needs to get bifocals, like myself!


   One of the things that I liked about The Scruble Cube is that the company's website provides free lesson plans!  Home schoolers love to teach through play. What could be better?  I thought this was a wonderful idea and very helpful.

    My family played with our Scruble Cube for a short amount of time.  It was a bit tricky manipulating the cube and I was a little concerned it would break.  We attempted to challenge each other to see who could score the most points but soon lost interest.  I believe that it may be better suited for teens and adults (their website recommends ages 10+).  It has many wonderful qualities- it was just not for us.

The Scruble Cube is $24.95 and can be purchased here.  It can also be found at Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble.

Read what other TOS Crew reviewers thought here.

*I was given a Scruble Cube and asked for my honest opinion.  All opinions are my own and no other compensation was received.*

5 comments:

Tristan said...

WOW..THAT WOULD SURE KEEP A PERSON BUSY..LOL. can you believe I have never played scrabble?

Jill said...

sounds like it might not be for us either!- think we'll stick to old fashioned scrabble! :) wish ya'll would have stopped by when you came through!!- we would LOVE to see you!
Have a great day sweet friend!
Many Blessings!
Jill

Lindsay-ann said...

It looks very complicated. I enjoyed reading your review Lori. I came across my old Rubiks cube the other day. I used to be able to do it but can't anymore :(
Lindsay
x

Lynn @ TDHGP said...

My crew enjoyed it but they are a little older. Great review!

Catherine said...

My guys love vocabulary. They also have some fine motor skill delays. This might be a good way for them to get some of the hand exercises they need. Thanks for your review!
-Catherine