About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I am 16

I am 16.
My Mom is 30.
My grandmother is 60.

Time stands still in my mind.
Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder "Who is this person?"
She has to color her hair and needs bifocals??
(Still need to make that appt.  If you can't read this, you may have to join me!)

(I am on the far left.)


                         Sadly, my grandfather passed away last week.
                 Such a strong and intelligent man.  He was always 
                 very good to me.
                 I wish I could have seen him one last time, but God 
                was ready for him to come home.


                Funeral has the word "fun" in it yet that's the last thing
               they are.
               Amidst the flowers, tears and stories, I found that death
               can bring out the best and the worst in people.
               So many emotions come pouring out.

                      I reconnected with family that I had not see in years.
               We picked up where we had left off, but now we have 
               children and (a bit) of wrinkles.
               We are no longer 16, but that's alright.



                    My grandmother, my Mona Mom, is a kindred spirit.
             Of all the people I know, she is sure to have the most 
             treasures in heaven.
             She is beyond good.  An angel on earth.
             It's hard to start a new life when you are older, but her 
             next chapter is beginning and I believe it will be a good
             one.  
           
                                                                     (I'm on the right.)

         
                                      Life is short.
                          We can't even imagine that when we are 16.
                          Just remember that we are visiting this life.
                          This world is not forever.
                              
                          Make the most of every day.
                          Every minute is a blessing.
                       
                                      (My grandfather on the left and me on the right.)


                         At the funeral, the minister was a bit long winded.
                 He had an important message, though.
                 The most important message of your life.
                                  
                You don't get to heaven by doing good deeds.
                You don't get there by going to church every Sunday.
                You must have a personal relationship with God.
                             
                        Sounds complicated, but it's not!:)
                Say a simple prayer asking him to come into your heart.
                Thank ask him to forgive you of your sins.
                We all sin.  No one is perfect.
                Then, ask God for the comfort of knowing that you will
                join Him in heaven one day.

                         I plan on being there.:)
                 Please email me if you have any questions, dear friends. 
                 We may not meet on this earth, but hopefully one day 
                 we will be rejoicing together in heaven!:)


                             Lori- toosillysisters@cox.net

7 comments:

Lori said...

One word . . . Perfect!! I look forward to seeing you there and others.

Tristan said...

what a perfect post.

Lindsay-ann said...

Such a beautiful post Lori. Thanks for sharing this today. Continuing to pray for you all, especially your Mona Mom. Loved seeing the old pictures, so precious.
Lindsay
x

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

A beautiful post--an important message. I'm sorry for your loss. I know you will miss your grandfather here on earth--at least I miss mine, but we rejoice that we will see them again! Praying for you all.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh, I was sorry to read about your grandfather, Lori. But what a beautiful Post about things that matter most.
Sending blessings of peace and comfort to you and your family.
Mary Lou

Janna said...

Sorry about your grandfather. Praying for your family now. Thanks for using your story to write such a beautiful post.

Fran. said...

An awesome post Lori!! I miss you I think about you all the time. I am so sorry that your Grandpa passed away. But your post is so healing for you and thanks for sharing with us! You know I'll be there girl!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers always!! Love, XO Fran.