About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Fun





Happy Easter everyone!  We had a wonderful, although very chilly day.  We got to church (just 2 minutes late) and the church was so full we had to sit in the front row.  I've always been afraid to sit in the first row, so this was my first time!  You know what?  I really loved it!  I felt so much more connected to the minister and the girls were very well behaved, too.  (They usually are, but you never know what will happen in the first pew...)  Perhaps we will sit in the front row again next week.:-)

The Easter Bunny hopped by with some treats for the girls, which is always fun, but I'm proud to say Mandy and Katie both know the true reason of why Easter is so special.  Today we celebrate the fact that Jesus is alive!  He died for us and arose from the grave 3 days later.  It is so overwhelming for me to think of His sacrifice.  

We went out for brunch and had the most wonderful meal.  Katie even bumped into her friend, Taylor, which helped with the 40 minute wait.  Once we were seated, Katie could hardly sit still as she knew that we would have our Easter egg hunt when we got home!:-)

Daddy hid eggs in the backyard for the girls- over and over and over.:-)  When he got tired, Mandy took over the job and hid them for Katie.  Then later, Katie hid eggs in the house for Daddy.  We should have egg hunts more often, don't you think?  

1 comment:

mel said...

ha! This is how I entertained my preschool class on Tuesday! We all took turns hiding eggs...over, and over, and over....

We always sit in the front row...sort of...it's up front, but way over to the side, so aren't quite right under everyone's nose when Jack acts up. :) The kids love it there. Nothing more boring than starting at a bunch of backsides!