About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Here is a delicious (and EASY) recipe from my new friend , Carla, at www.thriftinandcraftin.blogspot.com!  It's called Blueberry (or whatever berry you like) less-than-five-minute Cobbler.  As you can see, it's so simple, that Mandy made it (by herself) for us last night!  Thanks Carla!  You will need:

4 cups fresh blueberries or 2 16 oz. package frozen berries

1/2 cup white sugar (or 1/4 cup Splenda blend for baking)

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 cup melted butter

1 box yellow or white cake mix

1.  Pour fruit in bottom of 13x9 pan.  Don't mash it, leave it whole.

2.  Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.  Mix it around to coat fruit evenly.

3.  Melt butter in microwave safe owl.  Dump DRY cake mix into butter.  Mix with a fork.  It will be the consistency of pie crust dough.

4.  Cover fruit with cake mix topping.

5.  Bake at 350 for about 30-35 minutes, or until cake mix is lightly golden brown.  Serve warm and enjoy!  Store leftovers in fridge.




5 comments:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

LOOKS GREAT!!!! We just finished the last of our last batch! I'm so glad you liked the recipe. I'm jealous that you went to Olive Garden, but my best friend and I go there every week for lunch, so I'll get over it! LOL~

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

Looks yummy! I will have to put Chelsea to work and whip us up a batch.

~ Roxanne said...

Looks yummy Mandy! Next time we get together we will have to have a bake off with you and Hunter. Chefs in the making :o)

mysteryhistorymom said...

Mandy made this again tonight as we HAD to try it with fresh berries. She used fresh blueberries and raspberries and it was EVEN better! If you can, use fresh! Sam's has beautiful berries... Lori

mel said...

Ok, where is Sam's getting berries this time of year? All I hear from Maria is how Mandy brought RASPBERRIES for lunch at the co-op and HOW COME we can't buy any....lol. I've seen them at walmart, but they are so expensive and I wondered if they could really be any good this time of year.