About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Love List

My Love List

I love folding clothes when they are still warm from the dryer.  I love lying on the beach with

 a fabulous mystery, a cold soda and no responsibilities.  I love impossibly soft, worn flannel sheets on a cold

 night.  I love opening a new box of crayons.  I love warm brownies, fresh from the oven and

 cold milk with ice cubes.  I love watching snow fall.  I love spending time with animals- they

 ask for little and give much.  I love taking pictures with my digital camera and getting

 immediate gratification.  I love sharing pictures.  I love finding goodies in TJ Maxx and Target.

  I love the cool, quietness of book stores and libraries.  I love getting ideas from magazines and

 friends and bringing them to life.  I love seeing the first shoots of green poking their heads

 through the soil and knowing that your planting was a success.  I love opening presents slowly

 as the day is over too quickly.  I love the thought of Ireland- green, lush and full of mystery.  I

 love Nancy Drew and the idea that one day I may actually be able to solve a mystery.  I love

 red, juicy, home grown tomatoes- still warm from the sun.  I love

 matinee movies and (if you're lucky) having the theater all to yourself.  I love the sound of the

 ocean and the taste of salt on your lips at the end of the day.  I love all kinds of music and the

 ways they can make you feel.  I love the song "Oh, Holy Night" and how it always makes me

 want to cry.  I love salt and vinegar potato chips- they always remind me of the beach.  I love

 the rush of concerts- electric!  I love rainy days with no obligations.   I love coming home at  

 the end of day and feeling content, safe and loved.


I challenge you to make your own Love List.  The only catch?  You can't include a single person you know on your list.  No "I love the way my husband laughs" or "I love hearing my little girl call for me."  It'll be tough, I know.  But this particular exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you truly love.  My Charmed Life inspired me!

3 comments:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Very cool list. It's the little things in life that matter. Are you going to join the inspiration challenge on my blog? It's a lot of fun. Hope to see you on the list! Have a great day!

Allison said...

I'll have to do this when I have more time. I agree with you on some of your loves. The snow, Oh holy night and quite a few others.

The Happy Homeschool Mom said...

Lori,
I loved your love list!