About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, March 8, 2008

"You and Me" Time




Mandy and I spent the afternoon together enjoying "You and Me" time.  This is time for just the two of us and we have the BEST time together! Today we had lunch at the Olive Garden and enjoyed calamari, fried zucchini and fried mozzarella (it was worth every calorie!) and then indulged in chocolate gelato with caramel sauce and dark chocolate shavings- divine!  We decided that since we had soup and salad last time that we just HAD to try something new.:-)  Then we headed to Borders and Mandy chose two new books ("Jane Eyre",which is her favorite, and "Victoria" from the Royal Diaries series)  to add to her library.  I even found a new book for my wish list- "Before Green Gables", a prequel to "Anne of Green Gables".  Have any of you read this?  We got a custom made soda for the road in the Borders Cafe.  If you have not had one before, grab your car keys and head to the nearest Borders.  They are addictive!  Mandy had an Irish Creme soda and mine was Coconut.  They top it off with cream- mmmmm.:-)

1 comment:

mel said...

Oh yum. Maria *always* wants to go for Chinese food,,,which is good too, but I'd love to go someplace different!