About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, March 8, 2008




While at Borders today, I saw a number of books that we have enjoyed in the past.  I thought I would post some pictures and share my thoughts.  First off, did you enjoy Choose Your Own Adventure books when you were young?  I read them over and over and over again.  The idea of lots of different endings was genius!  Well, today I saw that they even have new adventures that have been written!  I wonder if they are as good as the "old" ones...  Mandy and I really enjoyed "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" this year.  Great for a study of the Puritans and Quakers.  Fabulous characters and what a story line!  "Crispin the Cross of Lead" is one of our all time favorites.  Yes, it is bleak, but it takes place during the Dark Ages.  What can you expect?  It is an amazing adventure story with creative characters.  A must read!  The last two are picture books- "Someday" and "Buzz".  Great for all ages.  "Someday" tells a story of little girl that dreams of the future.  It is so sweet and really made us smile.  "Buzz" has buttons on the cover that make insect noises!  The pictures are amazing and there is tons to learn.  I think I need to go back and buy a copy...

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm going to have to check out some of those books. I know Melissa has read some of the "Chose your own Adventure books". We lost one or the baby threw it away. I read "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and loved it as a kid. I'll have to re-read. "Someday" sounds like one Jaime and I would enjoy.