About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, June 14, 2009

And Then There Were None...

           Nancy Drew, Harper's Island ( It is getting GOOD! Who do YOU think is the killer?) and now I'm going to tell you about this....  And Then There Were None  by Agatha Christie.  Such a classic!
    My friends, Lindsay, Missy and I are going to read this together and discuss it.  Here is the premise: 10 people are invited to an island under mysterious circumstances.  Then people start to "disappear"....  Sound interesting?

   I'd like to invite you all to join us!  I guarantee it will keep you guessing.

   Over the years there have been at least 3 movies made from this book.  It is THAT good.  Of course, you can always play the computer game.  I dare you to play it on a stormy night...

12 comments:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I love Agatha Christie Novels! Haven't read this one yet, but it would be great summer reading.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
This book is very intriguing so far. Thanks for recommendinhg it. I am looking forward to discussing it with you and Missy.
I prefer your book cover to mine! It makes the island look very mysterious and spooky.
Lindsay
x

Darlene said...

That does sound like an interesting book!

Sherri said...

Lori, I have read And then there were None and I saw the old black and white movie version! What a classic. Thanks for the memories!

Robin Beck said...

I just finished The Wednesday Letters last night (It's a super fast read)
I've never read a mystery-Maybe I will look into it!

Have a great week Sis!

Robin~♥

Polka Dot Moon said...

I haven't read that one and now you have peaked my curiosity! Must finish "Breaking Dawn" first and then I think I'll check this one out!
Denise

theUngourmet said...

I'll have to look for it. Sounds good!

Thanks for stopping over my way. :0)

Happy Monday!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I scrolled down to see your Nancy Drew swap. That book-purse is amazing. Did she hollow out the insides and put a clasp on top maybe? I have a friend who is a Nancy Drew fan...big time. I would love to do this for her. : )
You're a lucky girl. : )

cherry said...

OHHH I bet the game would be fun! cherry

Unknown said...

OOOOO! I'm going to have to get that book and do some reading, looks fab. I saw the blk/wht version years ago.

hugs
Angi

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I love most of Agatha Christie's mystery books. Enjoy reading this one. It kinda makes you want to watch over your shoulders as you read. (smile)

Robin Beck said...

Hi there girl,
I came over to answer some of your questions you asked on my blog...
I didn't think the letter was crucial to the book-I think the author might be thinking of writing a second book though... I cannot say a word about Malcolm-Is he Jack Coopers real son? Does he belong to the mailman..? You will just have to wait and see!

Our trip was wonderful-Noelle is a great little traveler! My grandson Carson is almost one-And Landon did great tricks for me on his bike! We had a fabulous time and will be going back over the 4th of July!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks, Timmy is getting out of school this Thursday and going on a big campout with friends that he does every year-So we are trying to get him ready for that! Tim's sister is coming over next week and Tim is still working over in Portland-busy, busy, busy!!!
I miss our E mails!
Robin~♥