About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nancy Drew Winner!

The winner of my Nancy Drew giveaway is Olenka!  Congratulations Olenka!  I will be sending your surprise along in a few days.  For now it's a mystery!;)
This the Nancy Drew package that I created for my partner, Shawnee.  I hope that she loves everything...
Shawnee loves cherries and sewing so I sent her some Mary Engelbreit fabric...

   I made her a Nancy Drew clipboard.  This is the back...

   And this is the front...

   I made Shawnee a Nancy Drew charm bracelet with images and charms from my mystery, The Mystery of the Tolling Bell.   I also included a  few images from her mystery, The Password to Larkspur Lane, just for fun.   The Mystery of the Tolling Bell took place by the sea (lighthouse, sand dollar charms and seashell charms), included a darling tea house (teacup charm), a locked door (lock and key charm), a mysterious bell (bell charm), and diamonds (Swarovski crystal)!

   I also included a mystery bookmark.  It had tiny weapons, like in the game, Clue!  And, of course, I had to put in a bit of chocolate.:)

   Last, but not least, I gave her the book The Lost Files of Nancy Drew.  This is the neatest book!  It highlights many of Nancy's mysteries and even includes Nancy Drew postcards!

   I had such fun hosting this swap!  It has been my favorite so far!  I hope that all of you can join me again next year.;)

23 comments:

Heather said...

Such a great package, Lori! Love all of it...the bracelet(wow), the clipboard and where did you find that cool book? Great job, great swap!

theUngourmet said...

Congratulations Olenka!

What great goodies. I love the bracelet. It's so darling!

Jessica Rodarte said...

looks like fun! i love the clipboard and charm bracelet. bee-you-tee-full ;)

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun! Congrats Okenka!
sandy toe

April said...

Will your talent ever run out? I'm not kidding...I stand in complete amazement at all of your creations.

Darlene said...

WOW your partner is gonna LOVE all her goodies!

Anonymous said...

Lovely items Lori...congrats to the winner!

Jamie :)

p.s. I would LOVE to take the leap but we are playing it by ear right now because it means we'll probably have to rent our home and that scares me, tee hee. I'll definitely keep ya posted!

Darlene said...

To answer your question - softball!! She loves playing softball and is really good at it. She is on a machine pitch league this year and has played 1st base for the last couple of years. Last night she even made a triple play...WOOHOO!! Her team (overall) is not very good this year (at all) but I have told her to just learn all she can, and do the best she can for the team, at this stage.

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a super fun swap! Great idea Lori! Love all the goodies you sent :)

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Lori what an AWESOME package... You Nancy Drew swappers are CLEVER!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness Lori! What a fun package of "goodies" you sent! You are such a creative gal! LOVE the clipboard!!! and bracelet...and...all of it!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! Like seriously I am stunned! I NEVER win anything!!! No seriously lol Thank you soo much I am sooo excited!!!!!

Your swap partner is going to LOVE everything!!!! WOW!! I am comlpetely amazed by your creativeness and I really need to steal some of that from everyone lol!!

I got my gifts from Amy today!! OOH So talented! I will blog about it tonight after My DH has his computer time.. Only reason why I was able to get on now was his cig break lol!!!

Thank you again. Sorry for writing a novel here btw LOL ((huggs))

Anonymous said...

wow! what a great package of goodies you made!
:) Missy

Unknown said...

How awesome! It looks like you all had fun!
I love the braclet, you make the cutest trinkets!

Hug girlie!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I loved seeing all the beautiful swap goodies you made for your partner. She is going to be thrilled. The charm bracelet is wonderful and the clipboard too. The fabric is gorgeous. This swap was such a fantastic idea. I am really enjoying seeing everyones Nancy Drew treasures.
Lindsay
x

Elise said...

Love the goodies you made!! I would not have thought that there was so much to make for a ND swap. Great stuff!!
Elise

Yarni Gras! said...

What a great package.....she was a VERY lucky girl. The clipboard and bookmarks and bracelet and and and, oh my!

Jerelene said...

What a wonderful package!! That fabric is absolutely my favorite!! What a lucky winner and what great goodies you put together!! Where do you find a book like that? I used to read Nancy Drew when I was younger..this makes me want to again :) Love, Jerelene

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Yeah for Olenka!!!
That was an awesome package Lori!

cherry said...

OMIGOSH>........I love nancy drew! what a cute package...adorable. great idea too. HEYYY the waltons is one of my fave. we also LOVE the andy griffith show. I hope to get your package out tomorrow. cherry

Kathy - mom of many said...

What a fabulous package you sent Shawnee! She's one fortunate gal.
The pool in my blog pictures are of a local public pool where I will be spending a lot of time this summer. I think you thought it was the hotel from my trip, but it isn't. I'll be posting some of our vacation pics soon. Thanks for stopping by.
Kathy

Shauna said...

AWESOME :)

Shawnee said...

This is SUCH an amazing package -- my family is so impressed and wanted me to be sure to kick up my offerings.

It's finally all finished, packaged and being sent tomorrow. IF you're really curious, I'm posting pictures on my blog ... otherwise, stay away for a few days. =)

THANK YOU for a super-fun and personally challenging swap!
Shawnee