About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer...

   Oh, those lazy days of summer- NOT!  
   We have been running a mile a minute here.  How about you??
 Tonight we made Chocolate Spiders with this fun book...


   Look at how the book breaks up the recipe for Moms and Kids...

   And this is the final product!:)

   We have also been busy meeting friends for Storytime at the library...

   Making forts!  Katie and Mandy are in it right now having a sleep-over.:)

   Having picnics at the park and visiting the ducks and geese...

   It is HOT!  And it's only going to get hotter- sigh...

   As long as I have willing subjects for pictures, I am happy.  Oh, and a Cranberry Tea at Sonic works, too.:)


20 comments:

~ Roxanne said...

Jim's Sister use to make chocolate spiders. Good thing I am not at your house to be tempted to eat them! I am trying to give up sugary snacks for a while and see how that goes. Wish me luck :o}

Polka Dot Moon said...

I am a bit afraid of spiders, but not those kind! YUM! And I have got to get to Sonic and try that tea. You've mentioned it before, so I'm gonna have to add it to my list of things to try :)

We're creeping up to the triple digits.....SO NOT looking forward to our months of sweltering heat!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I think we used to call those cookies bird nests. Yes, chocolate by any other name is still choclate and it's still yummy to eat!

Robin Beck said...

Ohhhhh Can I spend the night in the fort? It looks sooooo great!

As do the yummy spiders...

Looks like you guys are starting the summer out on the right foot!

Robin~♥

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
I could just eat one of those chocolate spiders. They look yummy.
Great pictures from the park. Looks like you had a fun time with your friends.
Is it really hot there now? We had a hot day yesterday but today it's so cold the heating came on!!
Lindsay
x

Connie said...

Looks like you're having a fun and busy summer. We haven't had the hot weather here yet...it will come! The spiders look good enough to eat!

Yarni Gras! said...

looks like fun! Today it is 97 here with a heat index of 105.....no rain in sight for well over a week!
YIKES!

jennykate77 said...

How cute is all of that?!! The Chocolate Spiders look YUMM! (although just saying the name "spider" gives me the heebie-jeebies!) I love making forts and tents inside the house...it's so much fun! Isaiah loves it too.

Hope you guys are having a great week!!

Darlene said...

It looks like summer is in full swing at your home too! Those spiders look delicious! I'll have to try the Cranberry tea...it sounds good. I LOVE flavored teas! We are starting to show that we will be in the 100's this week. The heat index yesterday was 105....HOT!! Gotta tell you we just LOVE our pool!!!!

Georgia Girl said...

Gosh those would be great for Halloween. Will have to grab this recipe...

Oh yes it is so hot here also and will be even hotter as the summer goes on...I am so ready for the Fall!

Jill said...

YUM! (on the spiders!)...looks like good ole summer fun!!! :)

Tristan said...

looks like your having a blast!!

theUngourmet said...

Fun! My son would love to make those spiders!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lori, did you save me a spider ;-) Those look scrumptious...my girls love making forts too, yay for summer fun and sleep-overs!

Jamie :)

Jerelene said...

That cook book looks like it would be full of fun!!!
It's hot here too! Looks like no relief for a while either..
I REALLY don't like spiders..but I could tolerate those :)
Love, Jerelene

Heather said...

What a fun summer you are having so far! Ah, forts...so fun. Lindsey & I were cracking up because Katie is laying next to a pink pillow or comforter that Natalie has on her bed!!! You have gorgeous girls, friend! AND I am going to make those chocolate spiders with them. Thanks for the recipe.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Those chocolate spiders look so delicious! I love Sonic's Cherry Limeade....Oh, how I love it!
Looks like you guys are having an exciting summer!

Elise said...

The chocolate spiders look yummy!! We call them nests in the Spring and put Cadbury eggs in them.
When is Fall?? I am not liking sweating!! Hahaha!!
Elise

Angie said...

MMMMMMMM...I remember making those when I was a young girl..we called them haystacks! They just built a Sonic in a neighboring town and We keep saying we are gonna try it...just haven't yet. I gotta remind the hubs! Enjoy your weekend!

Hugs ~ Angie

Rhonda said...

Hello Lori
I signed up at Em's for the mini Americana swap and I'll be sending to you.
I see your great list of things you like on you blog, that will be very helpful.
please let me know if you have any thing you are especially hoping for and I'll need your mailing info too.

This should be fun!
Rhonda stwoliver3@yahoo.com