About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, June 27, 2009

UP, Swaps and a Tutorial

We went to go see this today...

It was sweet, endearing, touching, funny, heartbreaking, lovely, adventurous, etc. One of the best movies I have ever seen. We all loved it. Perfect for everyone.:)
I got the loveliest package the other day from Olenka! She sent me some birdie goodies to thank me for hosting the Nancy Drew Swap.:) Thank you so much for your kindness, Sweetie!


She is UBER creative! And sweeter than strawberries in June.:)

Then, I received my 4th of July package from Rhonda today! I was thrilled! Look at what she sent me...

...and this amazing apron! I'm wearing it as I type! I don't want to take it off.:) Thanks Rhonda!

Then, Beth (Rambling Girl) sent me some amazing goodies for 4th of July, too! WOW! Look at all the goodies! Thanks, Beth!:)

I have been having such fun making these fabric posies...

I even made one for my 4th of July Swap partner! You can wear them on your shirt, your purse, etc... Once you make one you will not be able to stop! I got the idea from Chrissie. She has a tutorial on her blog- thanks Chrissie!
These are the other goodies I sent my swap partner...



What do you have planned for the 4th?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun! fun! fun! what wonderful packages you received! and the package you are sending is super cute too! aww, cute little Katie!
for the 4th we go to my BIL's house for a swimming/bar-b-que party.
:) Missy

April said...

Wowza! What great things you received...AND gave away! Very cute fabric posies! For the 4th, we'll be headed to South Carolina to visit with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law. Should be fun!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

What wonderful packages you got! How cute are those fabric posies?!

We are looking forward to our church's annual July 4th pool party--my kids wait all year for it!

Polka Dot Moon said...

You always have the funnest and bestest goodies ever!!! That's exactly what my 7 year old would say and I have to agree :)

We will be home doing some swimming, bbqing and hopefully catching some fireworks somewhere.
It's so hot even late at night, so we have to find something close.

theUngourmet said...

Wonderful 4th goodies!

I cried through that whole darn movie! It was so heartbreaking! My daughter couldn't believe I was crying! I told her when she gets older she will cry over movies just like her sappy mom! :0)

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

SUPER cool swap goodies...
LOVE the FUN goodies you made too!

Jerelene said...

Wow! Everything is so pretty..the gifts you got and the goodies that you made!! I LOVE, LOVE the apron!! We went to see the new transformers movie..I might be the only person that can manage to shed a few tears watching it! I cried watching Enchanted..I'm extremely soft-hearted :)
Have a Wonderful Weekend!!
With Love, Jerelene

Tristan said...

oh how fun!!!!

your just too awesome :)

and that movie...I cried..lol.

Mother Hood said...

We saw that same movie today with Noggin! LOVED it! I even cried a few times! My husband handed over some napkins so I could dab my eyes!

Unknown said...

Everything is so adorable. Fabulous treats for a fabulous gal!

Yarni Gras! said...

not much, we stick close to home and do a few fireworks. We have LOADS of company in July so believe it or not, that weekend will be the calm before the storm.....

Georgia Girl said...

Great goodies you received! Love all the birdie stuff...I have just gotten into that because of blogger no doubt...so amazing all the goodness everyone shares...

I forgot to tell you in my card I sent the USA letters for you and the girls to have fun fixing them all Americana...

Now off to see how to do the posies...

Elise said...

I have no idea what we are doing for the Fourth-hopefully going to my mom's...
Love all of your goodies and Tangee is one lucky lady to be receiving those awesome things from you!!
Elise

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed seeing all your lovely goodies both sent and received. The fabric posies are so cute just like Katie. I love all the americana and 4th of July stuff you have over there. UP doesn't come out over here until October! We just got back from seeing My Sisters Keeper. Everyone was sobbing it was so sad. The film was very well done and I'm glad I saw it but it's a bit depressing!
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you liked everything 80) You are such a sweetie!!

Great swap stuff!!! and you are soo cretive with your sends!

I love posies! Thank you for the link to where I can find out how to make one soo cute!

Nothing here for the 4th, just relaxing and eating up some BBQ 80)

Rhonda said...

Hi Lori
I am really happy you like your swap from me.

I've made and own several aprons from that same pattern and love them too, they really will keep you clean when you cook or do chores too.

thanks for blogging about it.

happy 4th to you!

Kim's Treasures said...

Love all your mailbox goodies!!! Looks like Christmas in July!!!

Ruth said...

Oh my goodness what wonderful treasures. They are all so great.
Ruth