About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, January 29, 2012

1 Peter Finding Encouragement in Troubling Times- Week 3

  


    Week 3 in my 1 Peter Bible Study (Finding Encouragement in Troubling Times) I learned that God has called us all to be priests.  This is certainly a daunting task!  1 Peter 2:5 states "you also as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood..".  This applies to both men and women, although it's not easy for many women.  We often second guess ourselves and have self doubts- much more so than men.  This is very true for me.  If you asked me to write a list of my strengths I would struggle but my list of weaknesses would be quite extensive!  Why are we, as women, like that?  God needs both men and women to step up.  1 Peter 2:9 says, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called out out of darkness into His marvelous light.". Time to check your insecurities at the door!

   I am not a natural born leader but there are many men and women who are happy to fill that role.  I once though that made me less important and less needed.  I was so wrong!  God allows me to shine in different areas that are a bit more "behind the scenes".:). I love working with children and have friends that would rather have a root canal!  It took me a long time to realize that God places us where He needs us and that I am important, even though I am not "front and center".  I'm happy to send the spotlight elsewhere, dear friends.  Wherever your strengths are be sure to shine your brightest as God needs each and every one of us to do just that.  

2 comments:

michelle edwards joy said...

Oh Lori...from the outside looking in I see so many gifts you have. God has certainly used you to bless me. Love you!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

God does use us all in mysterious ways! Our pastor always says that we, the congregation, are the ministers. You sure are a blessing to me!