The Twilight bracelet... Now in my shop.... Perfect to wear to the premiere of the movie. Is anyone else counting the days?
- Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
My friend, Joy, makes the most amazing fabric flowers called joxlettes AND the cutest personalized stationery! Not only that, she is hosting one fabulous giveaway, too! Stop by her blog and sign-up for the fun! Oh, and please tell her that you heard about the giveaway from me as I will get an extra entry.:) Thanks!
*** FALL SWAP PARTNERS! Don't forget that your packages should be sent off tomorrow!***
Want a recipe for a snack that will satisfy your sweet (and salty) tooth? Here you go:
Pour in a bit of mini chocolate chip cookies (we used Famous Amos), a spot of pretzels, a smidgen of Reese's Pieces candies and a dollop of candy orange slices and you are set for a party in your mouth.:)
No drooling on the keyboard, now...
If you are feeling generous (or you just don't want it all going to your caboose) you can share it with friends. Don't you love the orange pumpkin in the center? Rhonda found them at Big Lots, so I had to head over there and get some for myself!
Later in the day we did some sketching in the backyard. I attempted to draw a pumpkin which my girls oohed and aahed over.:) They certainly know how to make Mom feel good.
Hope you all had a good Monday. Who got a chance to watch "The Amazing Race" on Sunday night? Robin, did you watch it yet??
Saturday, September 27, 2008
I participated in my friend, Heidi's Vintage Halloween Swap. I was lucky enough to be paired up with Rhonda, who is one lovely lady and also a wonderful new friend! Here is the fabulous package that she sent me...
Look at all the goodies! Candles, stationery, pumpkins, candy, soap, and the cutest little pumpkin man wagon! Oh my goodness, she had my whole family excited!:)
This is the loveliest pumpkin topiary! Look at the gorgeous colors! Did you make this, Rhonda? Love it.
Yum. A huge bag of candy! She even put in some Chick O Stick, which is my husband's favorite. I don't think they even sell it around here. If you like peanut butter then Chick O Stick is for you.:) MMMmmmm....
Look at the darling Pumpkin Man! He happily carries the cutest little pumpkins in his wagon. The girls think that he should carry candy instead? We'll see what Mr. Pumpkin Man decides.:)
Thank you so much for everything, Rhonda! Your package really made my weekend!
Happy Saturday Everyone! My dining room centerpiece is a bit on the busy side today, but "everyone" wanted to take part in the fun!
My friend, Heidi, is hosting a Recipe and Tablescape Event today! People were invited to share their dining room table settings and a yummy recipe.
Here is a little peek at my dining room table...
My fine china is Lamermoor by Lenox. A dear friend embroidered the napkins to match my china. Some have cherries, grapes, plums, etc. I adore them.
I got this delicious (and oh, so easy!) recipe from my friend, Roxanne. Everyone in my family loves it. It's a prefect side dish for almost any meal.
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream corn
2 eggs, well beaten
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 stick butter, melted
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
Grease casserole dish. Combine all ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Sandy tagged me! I need to share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself. Hmmmm...
1) I grind my teeth at night. I have done this my whole life. I even have a lovely little mouth guard that I wear. It's glamorous.
2) I love ice. When I was in England they did not serve ice in their drinks. We had to stay in the London Marriott because they had an ice machine.:) My husband thinks I am "high maintenance" and I guess I am.:)
3) I am certified to scuba dive. I completed my qualification dive and never dove again. Maybe someday...
4) I used to be a "perfume model" before I was married. Yes, that's what I was called. You know, I would ask people if they would like to try a new perfume? It actually paid quite well, but walking around in heels (and smiling/being perky at the same time) for 4 hours was not easy...
5) I have to check my stove top burners (a few times) and all the doors in my house before I go anywhere. It's a bit OCD, but I am the one to blame if the house burns down!
6) I love animals. If there is a dog or cat (or horse, hamster, etc.) in the vicinity I must go visit with them. This involves petting and baby talk.:) I visit the humane society from time to time to see the animals and sometimes the girls and I bring treats for them.
7) I am a chicken when it comes to flying. I don't want my girls to know this. Jeff just falls asleep. You should see me when turbulence happens: "Girls, isn't this like a roller coaster?" as I death grip the arm rest, sweat dripping down... Isn't this FUN??!
I just tagged a bunch of you a few days ago, but if you'd like to join in on this tag please do!:)
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Look what just arrived from England! Check back tomorrow to see what I create with these little treasures.:) I only have a limited number, but would be happy to create a special order for you.... Perhaps a black watch plaid bracelet? Or a tartan?
The weather is lovely here, cool but sunny. Why don't we step outside and see what's new?
Ah, pumpkins, bunnies and ivy- three of my favorite things. They are waiting to greet friends- and soon little trick or treaters.:)
I have my wreaths made at the loveliest little boutique. They are quite an indulgence, but I believe they are worth every penny. It's about time for a new one...
A lovely piece of art by Blakely Wilson (Wilson and Wilson Folk Art). I can't wait to see her at the upcoming art shows. Her pictures make me smile...
Would you like to sit on the porch swing or in the rocking chair? We could look through some magazines and dream the afternoon away. I have a feeling there would be lots of talking and perhaps some crafting happening, too!
Oh, did you ask if I have any other reading material? As a matter of fact, I do....
If you look inside the table on my front porch you will see that I have a new book that I am SO anxious to read. I stayed up until 3:30 AM this morning finishing "Twilight". What a story!! How could you NOT absolutely fall in love with Edward? What is in store for me in the next book? No, don't tell me! Thank you so much, Heather, for sending the books to me!
Monday, September 22, 2008
It's almost that time of year again! Every year we have a tradition of "booing" our neighbors. We choose two of our favorite neighbors and make a fun package of Halloween items such as stickers, pencils, pumpkins, and candy for them. Then we tuck a poem inside on orange paper (that asks that they make up two fun packages to secretly give to others) with the word BOO! on the other side. When it's dark, Jeff and the girls sneak over to the house, leave the package of goodies on the door step, ring the doorbell and RUN!:) When you see a BOO! sign on the front door you know that house has been "booed" already. It's a fun way to spread Halloween cheer and fun to others.:) Do any of you have fun Halloween/Fall traditions that you love? How about Christmas?
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I love black and white photographs. Old or new, there is something special about them.... Sad to say, these are the only photos I have from when I was little....
These are some of my favorite black and white photos of my girls. They were taken by my sister, Amy. She is an amazing photographer!
My friend Robin tagged me! I need to write 6 random things about myself and then tag 6 other people to do the same. I am tagging Jessica, Heather, Beth, Rhonda, Roxanne and Sherry.
1. I read things backwards on billboards, signs, etc. It's a crazy habit. I don't do this when I read books- just short phrases, snippets of things. It's amazing how easily I can do it- without even thinking!
2. I love hosting mystery parties and would love to host them at my own bed and breakfast someday.
3. I loved reading "Choose Your Own Adventure" books when I was young. Did you ever have those? I have kept them to this day and now Mandy reads them. They are the best.
4. I think Dr. Phil is an arrogant jerk.
5. I like watching "America's Next Top Model". It's a guilty pleasure and makes me happy that I never was a model. You know I was going to be one at one point, right? lol! But seriously, I love seeing how some people photograph so beautifully- even though they are not the most attractive in real life.
6. I can curl my tongue. It's genetic. Either you can or your can't. Can you?:)
Thursday, September 18, 2008
I got this from my friend, Roxanne, and thought it was fun. What did you choose? I'm a brownie.:)
Choose Your Dessert
This is pretty interesting. See what you are!
Don't cheat on this one, go with the first dessert that you choose. If all of the eight desserts listed below were sitting in front of you, which would you choose?
Pick your dessert, and then look to see what psychiatrists think about you... After taking this dessert personality test, please leave a comment.:)
Here are your choices:
1. Angel Food Cake
3. Lemon Meringue Pie
4. Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Icing
5. Strawberry Shortcake
6. Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing
7. Ice Cream
8. Carrot Cake
Ok- Now that you have made your choice, see what the researchers say about you... Scroll Down-- NO Cheating!
1. Angel Food Cake- Sweet, loving, cuddly. You love all warm and fuzzy items. A little nutty at times. Sometimes you need an ice cream cone at the end of the day. Others perceive you as being childlike and immature at times.
2. Brownies- You are adventurous, love new ideas, and are a champion of underdogs and slayer of dragons. When tempers flare up you whip out your saber. You are always the oddball with a unique sense of humor and direction. You tend to be very loyal.
3. Lemon Meringue- Smooth, sexy and articulate with your hands, you are an excellent caregiver and a good teacher. But don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time. A bit of a diva at times, you set your own style because you do your own thing. You shine when it comes to helping others and have many friends.
4. Vanilla Cake with Chocolate Icing- Fun-loving, sassy, humorous, not very grounded in life; very indecisive and lacking motivation. Everyone enjoys being around you, but you are a practical joker. Others should be cautious in making you mad. However, you are a friend for life.
5. Strawberry Shortcake- Romantic, warm, loving. You care about other people, can be counted on in a pinch and expect the same in return. Intuitively keen. You can be very emotional at times but a true person in every way. You like to do things for yourself and help others learn about themselves.
6. Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Icing- Sexy; always ready to give and receive. Very creative, adventurous, ambitious, and passionate. You can appear to have a cold exterior but are warm on the inside. Not afraid to take chances. Will not settle for anything average in life. Love to laugh.
7. Ice Cream- You like sports, whether it be baseball, football, basketball or soccer. If you could, you would like to participate, but you enjoy watching sports. You don't like to give up the remote control. You tend to be self-centered and high maintenance.
8. Carrot Cake- You are a very fun loving person, who likes to laugh. You are fun to be with. People like to hang out with you. You are a very warm hearted person and a little quirky at times. You have many loyal friends. You were meant to lead and teach others. A wonderful role model.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I found this cute hanging cone decoration at Tuesday Morning the other day. I bought two of them (one went to a swap partner) as that was all the store received. I planned on hanging them from my chandelier, as pictured, but I need more....
Isn't the beaded handle fun? Just wire and seed beads...
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Our moonflowers are blooming and they smell so lovely! For those of you that have never grown moonflowers, they are just like morning glories except they open up at night and they have the most heavenly scent.:) They are large and white and have gorgeous dark green leaves Each flower lasts only one night...
See the grasshopper that is playing hide and seek on the zinnia? Every time I would try to get a better picture of him he would hide!
Look at these two friends. They happily shared the same flower.:)
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. Early this morning we had quite a storm blow through from 2:00- 6:00 AM. It was part of the remnants of Ivan and it was powerful! I can't imagine what it was like in Houston and the surrounding areas. Please pray for the people that were affected by Ivan. They have a rough road ahead of them...
Saturday, September 13, 2008
This is the newest item that I will feature in my Too Silly Sisters store! Darling, personalized blocks which add a whimsical touch to any child's room. Each block is sanded and then sealed with Modge Podge, and can be made with or without glitter. Please note that they are for decoration only....
I love the little children! Each block shows a letter of the alphabet and items that begin with that letter. The other five sides will have different coordinating designs. So fun! The blocks will be $2.50 each with $5 shipping. Please contact me, Lori, at email@example.com and I will be happy to set up a custom order for you.:)