About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Speaking of Birds...

   ...they seem to be on my mind a lot lately!  We saw so many lovely little birdies today- bluebirds, cardinals, robins...
   And we saw a lot of these little cuties, too!
   The park we visited was almost like stepping into "The Lord of the Rings"!  There were forests...

   Flowers...
   "Scary" creatures...:)

   Doesn't this look like something Bilbo Baggins would have lived in?  It's actually a fanciful little cafe and gift shop.

   There was even a little "troll door" at the entrance!  

   So lovely to see signs of spring.

   Mandy and Jeff raced through the labyrinth...

   Then, Katie joined in!

   Jeff ended up last, but just barely!

   I love that I was able to capture this sweet moment.:)

   This little gnome was in the middle of the labyrinth.

   It was such a gray day, but we were able to have the place all to ourselves!

   Some elves live here- with their sleepy dog!

   Do you ever feel like this??

   Hopefully, you feel like this more often.:)  


20 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

What a cool park! Love the sign of spring with the daffodil!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day!

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a fabulous park!!!! I want to play there :)

Robin Beck said...

This is one of my most favorite posts of yours ever! The photos are just pricless Lori!
I love all of them so much...It looks like you guys had such a great time. It's nice to see spring somewhere, we got some snow today and more tomorrow-Major avalance warnings on the pass we "were" to take to go to Spokane, I'm so glad we bagged the trip!
Hope you are having a lovely night!
Robin~♥

Mother Hood said...

Looks like a place my boys would love to go!

Tristan said...

LOVE this post!! So cool!

Darlene said...

That looks like the neatest place! What fun!

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

What a fun time!! Love the gnome and troll door & the labyrinth looks awesome. Neat that you all got it all to yourselves for a day!

Jamie :-)

Yarni Gras! said...

that is so amazing. We used to go to places like that when we lived in DFW and in OKC.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
Looks like a wonderful family day out. I enjoyed your pictures so much. Did you climb a tree or something to take the labyrinth pictures from above?!!!!
The gift shop looks full of unusual birdy things.
Lindsay

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

What fun that looks like. The crocus are just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

how fun! I wish there were parks like this near me!
Missy

julie & joe said...

Is this at the Blue Bird place outside Fayetteville? I've always wanted to go there but the one time we stopped they were closed :(

Anonymous said...

"do you ever feel like this?" HILARIOUS. what a little woodgie. i would love to have that in a garden; so ugly it's cute.

Elise said...

Such beautiful photos!! Looks like a neat place!! Love your new header, by the way!!
Elise

Ruth said...

Lori~what park is this? It seems wonderful!! I would love to visit. The labyrinth seems great. You look like you had a wonderful time.
Ruth

Ruth said...

P.S. Sometimes I wake up looking like that gnome, never mind feeling like him. LOL
Ruth

Em said...

Neat place! I would totally freak out if my daughter was that close to those little birds though... she is SO the bull in the china shop!

Tangee said...

Oh, it sounds like such a wonderful day, so pretty.

Tangee said...

Oh, it sounds like such a wonderful day, so pretty.