About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sneaking in a Bit of Goodness


   I made dessert with this tonight:

   Don't worry, there was some of this, too.:)

I found a recipe in this months Parenting magazine, so I thought I would give it a whirl.  Nothing wrong with sneaking in a bit of goodness, right?:)  Look what the end result is:  (blogger messed things up- It's the picture on the top.)


Want the recipe?  Here you go:

Peanut Butter Blondies

Ingredients:
Cooking Spray
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 cup (packed) brown sugar
1/2 cup sweet potato baby food (stage 1 or 2)
1/2 cup carrot baby food (stage 1 or 2)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (plus extra to use as icing)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup oat bran (find it in the hot cereal aisle, near the oatmeal)
1 cup all purpose unbleached flour
1/2 cup peanut butter chips (I used chocolate chips)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray the bottom, not the sides, of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
         2. In a saucepan over medium low heat (I used the microwave) melt the butter and brown sugar.  Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool a bit.
        3. Whisk in the baby food, peanut butter, vanilla, eggs and salt.  Add the oat bran and flour, and mix until just combined.  Mix in the peanut butter (or chocolate) chips and then pour into the prepared baking pan.
    4.  Bake for 30-33 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  Frost with peanut butter while warm.  Enjoy!:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm....Is that baby food?
Well, it still looks GOOD!!! :)
Hope you're having a Happy, Happy St. Patrick's Day, my Friend!!

Robin Beck said...

I bet those blondies turned out really moist with the carrots and sweet potato in it!
Looks like you had a lovely day!
Robin~♥

Darlene said...

Oh YUM....that looks DELICIOUS and easy too! I think we will be trying it! Thanks for the recipe Lori!

Lemon Annie said...

I actually read the book before, so I am not technically anywhere. It is hard for me to top the Twilight series too. Yes, I will be at Wal-Mart at midnight with a thousand 17 year olds fighting for my copy.

Tristan said...

That looks so good!

Oh, and I'm so happy you actually got it on the right day..lol..I mailed them out a little late!

P.s...loving my name in orange :)

Tangee said...

That sounds so darn yummy! I want to come to your house and snack. We can do coffee! I am SO glad you like your flowers. I couldn't have made something so cute. HUGS!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your card from Tristan is really cute. The blondies sound yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Hope you enjoyed St Patrick's Day.
Lindsay

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Some of my favorite things--peanut butter!

Ruth said...

It looks very yummy!

Ruth