About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Magic Treehouse

   Katie recently won two tickets to see "Magic Treehouse- The Musical" and she chose me to be her guest!  If you are unfamiliar with this series of books, they are written by Mary Pope Osbourne.  Each book follows the adventures of brother and sister team, Jack and Annie, as they travel through time via their magic treehouse.  Mandy enjoyed reading these books and now Katie is starting to read them.  They are short chapter books and we highly recommend them.

   The play was....  interesting.  I found the young lady that played Annie to have an extremely annoying voice, which was distracting, but it was enjoyable enough.  The best part was that the author, Mary Pope Osbourne, made an appearance!  She spoke to the audience for a minute which I thought was quite exciting.  I think Katie thought it as pretty neat, too.:)
Katie came home with a "crystal key" (light up wand) as a souvenir, and I'm hoping some fun memories of an afternoon spent together.  I know that I loved spending the day with her.:)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!
Katie looks absolutely aDORable!:)
I've never heard of that author...but I'll be looking for her books!
Have a great day, friend!

Darlene said...

What fun to go see the musical!!!! How neat that the author herself made an appearance. Lexi read through that series of books when it was her reading level. She/We loved them.....they all were really good!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh..we love the magic treehouse here..my son has been looking for book #1 and we found it!
sandy toe

Cute pictures!

Robin Beck said...

Sounds like the perfect Mother Daughter day! Katie looks adorable as always, I can't believe how long her hair is getting!
Robin~♥

theUngourmet said...

My daughter was so into those books when she was younger. We still have all of them.

Elise said...

How fun!! So sweet that Katie took you for her guest!!
Happy Hump Day!!
Elise

Lindsay-ann said...

I have not heard of those books but I am sure anything about magic and tree houses would be great. I am so glad you were able to go with Katie and enjoy some quality time together. The pictures of her are just adorable.
Lindsay

Artfulife said...

Sloan loves those books. We are currently reading the Pippi Longstocking books. They are so silly and endearing. Sloan loves them. Your little Katie looks so grown up in her dress and shoes. Glad you had a good time!

Tristan said...

omg, Love her little dress..she is just too cute!!

cherry said...

OHHH what fun! My son loved those books..he has grown out of them now. cherry

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

How fun! Exciting that the author spoke!

Tangee said...

Oh, that sounds like so much FUN!

Unknown said...

I love you! I love you! I love you!

nikkicrumpet said...

What a fun thing to be able to do with your daughter....it isn't long before they don't want to hang out with mom...so you're really smart to make the most of the time that you're "still cool" lol.

Yarni Gras! said...

what a TREAT! My kids would have enjoyed that...even though they are older. They both tore through that entire series so fast it made my head spin!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Super fun books and how wonderful to spend it with Katie!!!

hsmomma said...

My son and I just finished the first MTH book today. He can hardly wait to start the next one!

KKJD1 said...

So cool! My youngest son has always loved Magic Tree House books. What a wonderful way to spend time with a very special young lady! Have a great Friday! Blessings,KAren

Jodi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! We love the MTH series, my son is trying to read all of them, and is making great progress. They are his absolute favorite. I would love for the musical to come down here by us. That is so cool that the author made an appearance!

Anonymous said...

That is some kind of wonderful. Caroline loves the series. I will have to share your blog post with her.

Ruth said...

We love these books and have read just about all of them.

How great to see the musical.

ruth

~ Roxanne said...

We own most of the Magic Treehouse books! I had to draw the line :0} Hunter read all of them over and over again. Sydney picked up a couple. Hopefully Parker will enjoy them as much as Hunter or awefully close.