About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Giggling Girls

   Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and we spent the afternoon with some of our best home school buddies.  It was part play day, part curriculum sale.  Katie and Arianna spent their time swinging, playing on the bars and giggling and Mandy and Maria spent their time doing typical pre-teen stuff (Don't you remember those days?  So fun.  I'm sure the topic of boys came up at some point.:-) ) I got to visit with my fantastic and fun friend, Sue, and we all had a wonderful time!




8 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

You all look to be having a great day. It's lovely to catch up with friends. The girls all look so happy.

Sherry said...

Looks like all you girls had a great day!!

Sherry

Elise said...

What fun!! I love Katie's outfit!!
Elise

Robin Beck said...

It did look like a really nice day there yesterday! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful day "in the park" I think it was the 4th of July (sorry everybody gotta love Chicago!)
Okay Lori...You know your header photo that has the pumpkins and such on it? Well right behind the scarecrow is either a pillow or a chair and I have a pillow sitting in a chair in my dining room with the SAME exact color and pattern on it! HA!
I was looking at all the great things on your blog title photo and said, "hey wait a minute...That's my pillow!"
Tim was sitting by me and he looked over and said, "yes, it is dear" in a boring tone...

Okay, I'm going to go get a life now. Hope your having a great evening!
Robin~♥

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful day. I really admire that you home school the girls...I think about it a lot for my children, but dont have the courage to do it.

~ Roxanne said...

I miss the days of hanging out with you at a home school activity!

Don't forget to put us on the calendar for October. The kids have the two weeks before Halloween week off!

What fall fun things can we do?

Unknown said...

Homeschooling friends are the absolute best. We are off for a bike ride at forest preserve and then a picnic to celebrate our "Not Back to School" picnic with other homeschoolers today. Cathy

mel said...

No way, no boys.
Except Nick Jonas, whom she is going to marry. And a certain boy at our church that she insists irritates her just a little too much....