About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Sunday, March 31, 2013

it wasn't pretty

Today was a "please hold me close, Lord" kind of day.
I laid my problems at His feet (for the millionth time) and thanked Him for his never-ending love.  My family certainly wasn't up to loving me today.


They really tried.
I think bawling my eyes out while blowing dry my hair freaked them out.
Like I said, it wasn't pretty.


The day didn't play out like I imagined.  Easter church service where I could thank God for the sacrifice of His son.  Hugs and kisses from my family.  Good feelings.  Great lunch at Carrabba's.

Instead, I cried a river worrying about the future and feeling sorry for myself about how life. just. isn't. fair.
Blah, blah, blah.  Poor me.


Nope.  There were tears, unkind words, hurt feelings- and then there was volleyball?
God's amazing like that.


We went to the park, stumbled upon a sweet group of kids and played volleyball with them- for a few hours.  Little Isaac wanted to know if Mandy and I were sisters.  He was my favorite.;) 

We loved them and wanted to bring them home with us.

God lifted me up through these children.  
Thank you, Lord.



I need to read the above verse more often.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Amen, amen, amen.
Thank you, God.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

HUGS to you Lori! Some days you just have to cry it out to feel better. Prayers for you!

Tristan said...

love you Lori! So sorry you had a crummy day,that is the days i hate.

prayers for a wonderful week!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Oh Lori I am so sorry you had this bad day but I am glad 'volley ball' happened :) Sending a hug today. I need to remember that verse too, thank you for reminding me of it. Love you. Lindsay x