About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Friday, May 1, 2009

Activity Tickets and Wreath Birdbath

   I am always looking for great ideas to inspire my girls.  I don't want to bribe them, but I want them to see that when you work hard/do your best there are rewards.:)  Family Fun magazine created these fun activity tickets that you can print out.  Instead of choosing food/money rewards they suggest outdoor activities.  I know my girls will love this!  Some ideas are a round of mini golf, rock climbing wall trip, or an afternoon at their favorite playground.  Go to  FamilyFun.com/magazine for your tickets!

   Another idea from Family Fun!   This darling wreath bird bath!  I bought some grapevine wreaths (15 inch) after Christmas for 90% off.:)  We are so going to make this!

   I tried to find the instructions on the Family Fun magazine website, but had no luck...  If you need help with directions, just let me know...Lori   toosillysisters@cox.net


20 comments:

Darlene said...

That birdbath is darling!!!! Those tickets are a great idea! I got the book Jade Green from the library the other day. Lexi is going to start reading it today.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Darlene- Jade Green is good, but creepy!! We are going to try and finish it today. Let me know what Lexi thinks!:) Lori

Tristan said...

ah! that looks sooo cool!!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Lori
The fun activity tickets are a great idea. Tim does something similar with his class. When they are good they get points and when they get enough points they get 'golden time' which is a fun activity that they help to choose. This week he played baseball with them!
I love the bird bath wreath. What a lovely and unusual idea. I would like to make some of those.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay

theUngourmet said...

I would love to make this with my kids! So cute!

Jill said...

LOVE the birdbath!!! OHHH the possibilities!!!- maybe paint them fun colors and use a bunch of pretty ribbons/fabric to tie it up!!! - off to attempt it!
Blessings!

Unknown said...

Stinkin adorable!

Michele said...

Oh Lori ~ I love that birdbath...too cute! I wonder if it would hold up...we have some awesome wind storms in Wisconsin!

Hugz,
Michele

mysteryhistorymom said...

Jill- I LOVE the idea of using fabric and ribbons on the bird bath! If you do that, will you please post pictures?? Lori

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Ooo, love that birdbath and love those tickets. Gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes, tee hee.

Jamie :-)

April said...

When my girls were younger, I subscribed to Family Fun...love that magazine! It has some of the best ideas for family activities that I've seen anywhere! Love your cute birdbath!

jennykate77 said...

Both of those are really great ideas! I love the activity tickets that can be exchanged for some fun time w/ mom and/or dad! Those birdbaths are so cute...and they can hang in a tree! Love that!

Hope you've had a great week!

Robin Beck said...

Love the birdbath, think i'll make one! :)

The birds are going crazy in my cement birdbath out back and I was just thinnking this morning how I needed a simple one for the front of the house, this is perfect!

Thanks Lor Lor!

Robin~♥

Julie said...

Love the bird bath idea! I can't wait to make my own....I think it would also look great spray painted a cute color....Have a wonderful weekend..julie

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

That birdbath is super CUTE... I HEART it...

Polka Dot Moon said...

I just love the birdbath!! The tickets are a great idea too!! What fun :)

(Giveaway starts today - come by :)

Robin Beck said...

BTW: How is Clara today? ;)

Elise said...

Oh cute birdbath idea!! Love it!!
Elise

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Love that birdbath! Oh, I saw some grapevines wreaths on sale somewhere.....

Beth said...

It's not a bribe! If they complete the task it is a reward. Every day Lucy has to 'earn' visual stimulation (tv or computer time). If she does her work and chores then she can earn a ticket and redeem it right then and there or save up to use them for a longer time.

Oh - and the birdbath is fabulous. I love Family Fun!