About Me

My photo
Mysteries, polka dots, California Rolls, TJ Maxx, cozy blankets, rainy days and getting the first spoonful of peanut butter out of the jar make me smile. Spiders, rude people, cold fingers and toes, baby leashes, people that don't wrap their packages before going to the Post Office, poison ivy and Math (pretty much all of it) make me want to scream. My perfect day would be spent with my wonderful husband and sweet girls- watching movies in our jammies! Of course, having the movie theater to ourselves would be great, too. Please pass the popcorn and M&M's.:) I am saved by the grace of God. He is my constant companion and hears my every prayer. What a blessing! I'd love to hear from you! Lori at toosillysisters@cox.net

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Like Being a Girl...

My girls started an etiquette class today.

Table settings, polite conversation, and how to be a good
hostess were all covered.

Then, we came home and practiced with friends!

The girls also pampered their toes and faces.
Tomorrow the older girls will learn how to apply
make-up. sigh...

They are to come dressed in something that shows "who
they are". Mandy's friend is going to wear a red formal dress
and Mandy wants to wear her Gengar Pokemon shirt. Double
sigh.... Am I wrong to discourage her?

These two are still whispering. So sweet.

Girls are so fun.

10 comments:

theUngourmet said...

Etiquette class sounds wonderful! Great photos! You're so right, girls are so much fun...boys are too! ;)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I like being a girl too! The girls look like they're having so much fun!

val said...

pokemon? hee hee.......

Susan said...

I want my girls to take Etiquette classes too. Just not sure how to fit that in with everything else. But I'm going to have to find a way. Sweet pics!

Robin Beck said...

I love that you served pizza as your etiquette meal~ Too funny!

Maybe you can sew that shirt into a Pokemon purse!

You can make "other" suggestions and try to come up with a compromise without making too big of a deal about it~That's what I did with Ronnie/She went overkill on the fooffy growing up.
My other suggestions and compromises didn't always work though! LOL! Ronnie is still the queen of foof at 20 years old!

Love
Me

Sherri said...

My friend in Raleigh, NC had her girls take etiquette classes (her girls called the manner classes) and they have grown up to be very lovely young ladies! Good luck to your girls!

Darlene said...

That sounds like the PERFECT class for girls of ALL ages!! What a neat idea!

Cranberry Morning said...

What a great idea - an etiquette class! I hope people remember to have their sons take classes like that too. It's so nice to be able to take children into a good restaurant and not be embarrassed! :-)

Darling photo of the girls in bed with their American Girls dolls. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Lori, you are too funny. I'm glad Mandy wore the dress for you. She is very lovely and wants to please you :o) Don't forget to email some of the pictures to me too please! Love you girl- Alexis

Lindsay-ann said...

Maybe you could jazz up the pokemon shirt with a scarf or something? No forget that - it's too hot over there for that right!
The classes sound great. I think Jessica needs to go to them too!
Lindsay
x